Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Second Sky : Ore Refinery : 2 North, 2 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 115
IP: Logged
icon The Second Sky : Ore Refinery : 2 North, 2 West (+1)  
I can't exactly figure out the timing wanted here. I can get all the rattlesnakes following ahead of the Adder, yet every time, it's 1-2 turns too late before the yellow door will shut courtesy of the bomb blowing up for the Adder to properly get stuck on that hot tile.

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery
12-20-2017 at 04:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Second Sky : Ore Refinery : 2 North, 2 West (+1)  
You need to be exact in this room, but thankfully there's no need for blind experimentation.

This room is all about understanding how move order impacts the timings. If you understand that all you need to do is count spaces. If you click on the snakes you'll see that they are ordered left to right, so snakes to the left move earlier in sequence.

Take a look at the rightmost intersection. To get the maximum amount of delay for the adder, you want to have a rattlesnake get to the intersection just before it does. Since the rattlesnake moves first, you'll want to have them both be the same distance away from the intersection at all times (so that they will both on squares adjacent to it.) So try to release the rightmost rattler so that it hits that intersection on the same turn as the adder.

Each of the other intersections follows the same principle. Due to move order, you won't be able to insert rattlers in the middle of the chain of snakes, so you'll always want to have the vertically moving rattler jump right in front of the chain. Again, due to move order, you'll want it to get to the intersection on the same turn that the horizontally moving chain of snakes does since each snake to the left moves before the chain of snakes coming from the right. If you count out tiles you should be able to time this without any need to experiment randomly.

12-20-2017 at 04:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Second Sky : Ore Refinery : 2 North, 2 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com