Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Mysteries Of The Deep : Sixth Level : 6 North, 3 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Rinaldo
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
IP: Logged
icon Mysteries Of The Deep : Sixth Level : 6 North, 3 West (0)  
This is my last room left to solve before mastery. I would have thought the room just to the south, on which this is modeled, would help me here, but that doesn't seem to be the case. There are twice as many rock golems, and I need to have them disrupt without blocking, and I haven't figured out how yet. I keep thinking I had it, and then it seems I made a fatal mistake elsewhere. Evidently I'm the only one who had this much of a problem, but may I request some assistance?
11-21-2017 at 03:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
icon Re: Mysteries Of The Deep : Sixth Level : 6 North, 3 West (+2)  
You have probably noticed that the main issue you need to address is that the mimics are hitting the orbs at the same time and you need to desynchronize them. A couple of general hints: You can, if you want, desinchronize the inner loop and outer loop one at a time in two separate phases. You can also use different techniques for both the inner and outer loops. Lastly, you can use more than one golem to gum up the works as long as at least one of them is alive.

Here's what I did. It probably isn't the only way and is definitely not the most efficient.
Click here to view the secret text

11-21-2017 at 04:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rinaldo
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
icon Re: Mysteries Of The Deep : Sixth Level : 6 North, 3 West (0)  
Yes, that was so helpful! I got hung up on thinking it was necessary to accomplish several things simultaneously (and maybe it is for those who care about efficiency, but I am not one of those). These hints, plus a little care about finishing up the last living golems in suitable spots, solved the last remaining room for me. Thank you so much.
11-21-2017 at 02:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Mysteries Of The Deep : Sixth Level : 6 North, 3 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com