Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Logical problems
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Romain673
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
IP: Logged

File: Logical problems.hold (29.4 KB)
Downloaded 27 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Logical problems (0)  
Hello,
This hold have no ennemies, no use of the sword, it's not drod, it's a level who use some problems like the the Graph theory.

Old presentation, out of date now :
I would like some review about the difficulty of all the levels. I can increase or decrease the difficulty easily for them.

The entrance is currently not finishable, I will see later what I will do with it. Perhaps a script.

I suggest you to NOT start by the orbs level (1N1W), it's perhaps the less fun.

There is actually 9 levels playable :

1-Orbs 1N1W : Short, a small 'intro' of these level
1-Orbs 2N1W : The most complex to understand, but not that hard after you understood what you can do with some of these orbs
1-Orbs 1N : More short, but more hard for me. Perhaps I should add more difficulty on it, except if it's already enough.

1-Mirrors 1S1W : Small intro, easy
1-Mirrors 1S2W : More hard and more long. I would like to know if the first part (<4mirrors) is fine, and if the end of the level is just annoying or a good conclusion where you can do whatever you want with all the mirrors.

1-Trapdoors 1S1E : I saw many of this kind of level on others hold, and all these levels was easy. I give it a try, but even if the level is harder than other, in my opinion, the level stay really too easy.

1-Boats 1N1E : Small intro. Was it difficult ?

2-Arrows 1S1W : Totally not interresting, I let you see the level in case you want react to it.

2-Colors 1N1W : My favorite idea. Same than boat, I would like review for it.

I was thinking of removing the level 2, Trapdoor level and put the Colors instead.

[Last edited by Romain673 at 07-18-2018 04:16 PM]
11-20-2017 at 03:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bomber50
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 872
icon Re: Logical problems (0)  
I tried this hold a while back, but never had the chance to comment on it.

I thought the orb section was pretty solid. While orb/door puzzles can be frustrating, none of them were too difficult to become frustrating.

1S1E was a solid trapdoor puzzle. I didn't manage to solve 1N1E, but it feels like a neat room. 1S1W is also kinda neat.

The main problems right now are not too difficult to see. Many rooms are incomplete. Backtracking in some cases can be annoying or impossible (see 2N1W). I also think the layout of the hold is a little messy.
12-10-2017 at 07:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Romain673
Ok, thanks for the reply, so I will try to keep that difficulty for the next room I made.

And I think I will change completely the layout of the map.
Perhaps a giant Puzzle on the lobby, where you need to do different things to unlock A or B. I will see.
12-11-2017 at 01:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Disbosom
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
thanks for this thread! you know, it's quite complicated, it makes me thinking :D :):):)
12-13-2017 at 04:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Romain673
Hi again world,

I'm much more happy for this level, I removed the 2 idea who was bad and completely change the lobby, and add the double of level.
So actually there is 12 levels / 16 done.

I have change the lobby, so you have lost your progress, but if you check the 'Build level' section, you can perhaps see again which level you have done with the old lobby.

I'm very interrested by three things :
- The most important since I work actually on it : Is 2E easy or hard? Any suggestion for this part? Does the different floor color is fine?
- Is the West level fine? I think they are too easy and I should add more path who are useless but... I know each solution so it's hard.
- Same for the South level, and for the secret one. Perhaps it's too repetitive, but I was completely on love for this idea.

And each final room is actually useless. I just need to add a script to it.

[Last edited by Romain673 at 07-17-2018 09:16 PM]
07-17-2018 at 09:04 PM
Romain673
Just removed the answer on 2E c:
And correct some door who didn't close when they should have on 1W and 3W.
07-18-2018 at 04:16 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Logical problems
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com