Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Time After Time (a pseudo-tutorial on time tokens)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3164
IP: Logged
icon Re: Time After Time (0)  
quote:
Nuntar wrote:
Gamma 1N1E: Might have broken this room? The challenge is to use three time tokens, but I only needed two.

Oh yeah, I see what happened. I took out the crumbly walls near the evil eye from an earlier version because I forgot why they were there. It turns out they were there to prevent that from happening. Easy enough to put them back in.

quote:

Delta Entrance: Neat twist on an earlier room. Not sure what the point of the hot tile was.

It's to prevent that clone from standing there for a long time and being able to distract a roach.

quote:

Delta 1N: Rather annoying, had to remember exactly where clones had stepped so they didn't get in each other's way, since the synchronisation has to remain perfect. Would be nice to have some more space here.

Yeah, I can make that area larger, nothing's particularly dependent on that being a small area.

quote:

Epsilon: This seems to be an "introduction to pushing" level, so if you're familiar with pushing timeclones it's quite a bit easier than the last couple of levels.

It's deliberately meant to be a bit easier of a level since Delta was tougher than normal. I think at that point I remembered "Oh yeah, I was pretending to build a tutorial hold, wasn't I."

quote:

Epsilon 1N1E: Didn't enter the powder keg area. I see that bbb already pointed this one out.

Going to have to think carefully about how to fix this one in particular. I'll come up with something.

06-22-2018 at 04:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
IP: Logged

File: Time After Time.demo (32.8 KB)
Downloaded 4 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Time After Time (0)  
Did all of theta except for the secret room since that one isn't really complete yet. These were fun. About the same difficulty as the previous level probably. The Entrance was the toughest one mostly because execution can be a bit finicky. There's probably a clever way to use the wubba that makes things easier that i just didn't see or something. Demos attached in case I did something egregiously wrong. Looking forward to the final room!

06-25-2018 at 05:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Time After Time (a pseudo-tutorial on time tokens)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com