Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Slayer manipulation : Slayer and Brains : 7 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
IP: Logged
icon Slayer manipulation : Slayer and Brains : 7 East (0)  
I think I'm not familiar with the trick for this one. I only know how to get the slayer to hit an orb for me if I'm able to cut off his wisp with a door.

Using that trick I can get to "1" in the image below by cutting off the slayer's wisp with a door so that he hits the orb at (34,16) for me. Then he'll follow his wisp up to "2" and hit the orb again. But after that I'm at a loss.

It would be great if I could somehow get him to stay at "2" but he doesn't seem to want to if I'm not anywhere nearby. What's the mechanic I'm looking to exploit here? What should I be doing to set it up?

09-17-2017 at 01:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
IP: Logged
icon Re: Slayer manipulation : Slayer and Brains : 7 East (+1)  
The key mechanic is that the slayer will try to open a door if he's right next to it. So, you want his hook to hit the orb at 2, and then he follows his wisp to the now-closed door just above it. Then he'll try to open it.

If you get close enough to him, he'll stop moving because he has different behavior at close range. This includes turning his hook, which you'll want him to do so he keeps hitting the orb and closing the door again.
09-17-2017 at 02:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Slayer manipulation : Slayer and Brains : 7 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com