Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Eclipse Picture
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Pearls
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 767
IP: Logged

File: eclipse.jpg (281.1 KB)
Downloaded 137 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Eclipse Picture (+5)  
Hey everyone! I just got back from a camping trip in Shawnee National Forest in southern Illinois. This is a place called Tower Rock, overlooking the Ohio River. I was all by myself, and this is a picture during totality from my not-great-camera phone. About 1:30 in the afternoon.

Click here to view the secret text

08-23-2017 at 05:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pearls
Rank Points: 767
icon Re: Eclipse Picture (0)  
One thing that I wish more people could comprehend is how quickly it went from more or less broad daylight, with that funky dim effect going on to just this post-sunset light in seconds. If I'd known it would happen so fast, I would've filmed it.

08-23-2017 at 05:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insoluble
Rank Points: 1638

File: Eclipse1.jpg (494.1 KB)
Downloaded 86 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Eclipse Picture (+1)  
Super awesome Pearls! I'm going to piggy back on your thread if you don't mind. We had an amazing time going out to see the eclipse too. We weren't in quite as scenic a locale as you, but it was still an amazing experience. Unfortunately none of our pictures of the sun turned out, but whatever, NASA has some good ones. I thought this was a fun picture though. Here's the look on my daughter's face when totality hit and everything suddenly got darker.

So yeah, we flew down to visit some relatives and ended up driving for hours through rural South Carolina to get to a good viewing spot. Man, the traffic out in the middle of nowhere S.C. was crazy. Tons of folks came out to see this thing. But it was a great experience. We got to hang out and chat with some other families and folks from all over. One family of astronomy hobbyists brought some serious telescopes with sun filters and invited everyone to come take a look.

[Last edited by Insoluble at 08-24-2017 02:49 PM : Wow that picture was way too big!]
08-24-2017 at 02:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Eclipse Picture
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com