Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : No timeout for "Sending Room Conquer Solutions to Server" (In certain situations the game will just hang there forever)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
IQubic
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 78
IP: Logged
icon No timeout for "Sending Room Conquer Solutions to Server" (0)  
I am a Caravel Net user. When I conquer and exit a level, my solutions should be sent to the Caravel Server. However, I got DROD into a weird state where it thought it was connected to the server, but it wasn't. When it tried to send my solutions to the room clear server, it couldn't.

Reproduction (Requires Caravel Net):
1. Open up DROD
2. Click Play Game, then enter a hold (However you chose to do this). This will cause DROD to connect to the CNet server.
3. While keeping DROD open, turn off your computer's access to the internet.
4. Conquer at least one room in the level that you are in.
5. Leave that level.
6. DROD thinks it's still connected to the CNet server, so it tries to send the solutions to the server. However, step 3 confuses DROD. DROD thinks it's connected to the internet but it isn't. This causes DROD to hang on "Sending Room Conquer Solutions to Server" indefinitely.

I noticed this when I was playing, and my computer randomly decided to disconnect from the internet. I was unable to reconnect to the internet without restarting my machine. I didn't notice that my computer had no internet access until I had already entered the "Sending Room Conquer Solutions to Server" loop.

EDIT: It's worth noting that there is a timeout if the initial connection to the CNet server is attempted without internet access.

[Last edited by IQubic at 07-23-2017 02:01 AM]
07-23-2017 at 01:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : No timeout for "Sending Room Conquer Solutions to Server" (In certain situations the game will just hang there forever)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com