Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Thunderbirds - The Hypertrap (Push the bricks)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Pekka
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 302
IP: Logged
icon Thunderbirds - The Hypertrap (0)  
http://ricgames.22web.org/?p=33

This is a remake of an old ZX Spectrum game for Windows (The readme says it should work in multiple versions of Windows, and it has very low system requirements by modern standards). It's a puzzle game where you control multiple ships in a maze and try to get past obstacles that involve pushable blocks, at least early in the game.

Here is a walkthrough, which will spoil all the puzzles for you, if you watch it to the end. It also says in the video info that: "Remake is a much better and much harder game then original. It is a great game which will give hard time to puzzle fans. Compared to original, three more ships are added and lame arcade elements in original are removed and put as option."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBbdFK5KnFU

I was reminded of the game while watching some of ThemsAllTook's Fish Fillets 2 Let's Play videos on his Youtube channel. There may be a bit of influence from the original 1985 game in some of the Fish Fillet's puzzle elements.

This led me to finding the remake. And since it seems to be a neat puzzle game that people here might enjoy playing, I wanted to tell you about it.

[Last edited by Pekka at 07-20-2017 11:22 AM : spelling correction]
07-20-2017 at 08:53 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1304
icon Re: Thunderbirds - The Hypertrap (0)  
:( It just keeps crashing on me.
07-20-2017 at 05:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pekka
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 302
icon Re: Thunderbirds - The Hypertrap (0)  
It is sadly very crashy in mid-game on one set up, and won't even start on another (Win 7 in Virtualbox). If anyone finds a good configuration and is able to play it properly, let us know. I can still try a few more things, too.
07-21-2017 at 01:36 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Thunderbirds - The Hypertrap (Push the bricks)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com