Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Sixteenth Level : 3 South, 4 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
pb_
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
IP: Logged
icon Journey to Rooted Hold : Sixteenth Level : 3 South, 4 East (0)  
Just a quick question. I've gone from here to level 19, solved it all, now I'm at level 20... which left me wondering, will I be able to go back to solve levels 17 & 18 at some point? Or will I have to restore to be able to do that?

I tried restoring to this room and it seems to affect my progress at level 19 (total rooms conquered 274 vs 256 after restore), so it doesn't seem like a good option...

[Last edited by pb_ at 07-12-2017 01:29 AM]
07-12-2017 at 01:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4590
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Sixteenth Level : 3 South, 4 East (+1)  
The "Total rooms conquered" counter refers to the current saved state. If you skip L17, solve L19, and then restore back to L17, L19 is unsolved on that save. This doesn't matter for progress in the hold, because you can use the Restore screen to jump back to L20 at any time.

As for secret rooms, these count when they have been solved on any save, so you can restore back to get the L17 secrets, then continue from L20 onwards, and the game will count all the secrets you've solved towards your total (and unlocking the "master wall" when you get 100% secrets).

07-12-2017 at 03:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
pb_
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Sixteenth Level : 3 South, 4 East (0)  
Thanks for the answer, that makes ma feel a bit better, knowing that I can still solve all rooms and open the master door. But I'd still like to know if I'll be able to go back any other way than restoring. Well, I guess I'll find out soon enough, just finished level 21.
07-13-2017 at 01:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Sixteenth Level : 3 South, 4 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com