Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Can't remember name of rogue-like game.
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Crimson Moon
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 108
IP: Logged
icon Can't remember name of rogue-like game. (0)  
Here is what I remember about it:

You picked a class, then you would go floor by floor as far as you could, each floor was a 6x6 or 7x7 grid of different things, everything visible right away. The board was always this same size each floor, and floors lasted infinitely.

These things could be enemies, stat boosters, or traps that you could go over, but was probably a bad idea most of the time.

After you moved off a space, the space would "disappear" or "collapse". So you had to optimize pathways and figure out the best way to the next floor

Archer, thief, and wizard are classes I remember, but those are pretty generic names so that probably doesn't help much. You unlocked classes when you got past a certain floor.

The game ends if you trap yourself isolated from the exit, or you just didn't have the health

The game was completely black and white (at least I'm mostly sure that everything was white icons over just black space).

Enemies I remember are snakes and spiders being really early on, dragons being one of the last enemies you ran into.

I remember there being certain stats that would better you against certain monsters.

It was very puzzle-like since everything was revealed right off the bat, most of the thinking came to whether something was worth moving into or not, kinda like DROD RPG.

Any ideas anybody? You can ask a question if it helps.

[Last edited by Crimson Moon at 06-25-2017 05:12 AM]
06-25-2017 at 05:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Zaratustra00
Rank Points: 107
icon Re: Can't remember name of rogue-like game. (0)  
Don't know, but there's a game called Fidel coming out soon that's similar in some ways:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/573170/Fidel_Dungeon_Rescue/
06-25-2017 at 12:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Crimson Moon
Yes, this game looks similar to the one I'm talking about in terms of gameplay, if that helps anyone.
06-25-2017 at 05:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
PuzzleMeThis
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
Was it on PC and what year do you think you were playing it? I have had really good luck finding my childhood games before and should be able to find yours for you :p
10-08-2017 at 08:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Crimson Moon
PuzzleMeThis wrote:
Was it on PC and what year do you think you were playing it? I have had really good luck finding my childhood games before and should be able to find yours for you :p

I was somewhere around 13-15 years old and I'm currently 21, so probably about 7ish years ago. It was on the PC.
10-12-2017 at 10:52 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Can't remember name of rogue-like game.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com