Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Gridlock! (Nine rooms, one adventure)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
superluminal
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 75
IP: Logged

File: Gridlock.drh (7 KB)
Downloaded 84 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Gridlock! (+3)  
Have you ever wanted the full RPG experience...

...but without all that space?

Introducing: Gridlock! Enjoy a whole adventure, from roaches to slayers, in just nine rooms packed to the gills with interesting choices and ominous danger!

(My Hard Mode score is 3432. Try to beat it!)

06-16-2017 at 06:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4590
icon Re: Gridlock! (0)  
Hardcore!

HP: 80
ATK: 399
DEF: 400
Keys: 1/11/0
Score: 3427

Interesting but rather strange hold. After getting the Knight Shield, everything was very easy for a while and then the final boss was suddenly very hard; there was just enough HP still available in the hold to beat him. Still, that was a neat concept and a fun diversion.

06-17-2017 at 02:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300
Hardcore!
HP: 2472
ATK: 396
DEF: 396
Keys: 8/7/1/0
Score: 3486

I quite liked it, although it really felt like the best strategy is to skip as many upgrades as possible.
06-17-2017 at 02:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Red-XIII
Rank Points: 623
This is a neat hold and really good 2 hours spent. I'm not sure if it's intended, but it's actually possible to beat the slayer without the oremite shield.
My stats in this case were these:

HP: 1602
ATK: 400
DEF: 300
GR: 6512
REP: 7762
Keys: 4/6
Score: 3100

My stats with oremite shield are the following (almost the same because adder and oremite was the last thing I did before killing the slayer):

HP: 4002
GR: 7312
REP: 8562
Keys: 4/6
Score: 3460

Thank you for making this hold!

06-17-2017 at 11:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Gordius
Rank Points: 91
Got the Cheated! ending for using the Speed Potion (not the bomb) to kill the Slayer. I read the final scroll, so maybe that's what was intended, but that's not what I took away from the opening monologue. I thought it just said that using the bomb was cheating. I was about 1000HP short of killing the Slayer without the potion, so with some additional work, I'm sure I could have done it.

Another thing I'm not sure was intended (but is an interesting challenge that I definitely enjoyed), is the possibility of only passing through the NW room backward, and thus never having to unlock a blue door to enter it (since those doors are both right at the edge). It definitely gave me a little more leeway with blue keys to do it this way. In fact, I'm pretty sure I could have ended with one, possibly two, extra blue keys, had I wanted to do so.
06-19-2017 at 02:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Gordius
Rank Points: 91
Reran this for the Hardcore! ending. Final stats were:

HP: 253
GR: 6537
REP: 7657
Keys: 5/5/4
Score: 3476

There are a couple more monsters I could wander around and kill for GR and REP, but not for any real reason. Knowing I can finish this (after obtaining the speed potion) with 4 blue keys means I will probably try another run at some point and try to identify worthwhile times to use those extra blue keys.
06-22-2017 at 08:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Gridlock! (Nine rooms, one adventure)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com