Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Scroll Loss Bug
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
The_Red_Hawk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 783
IP: Logged
icon Scroll Loss Bug (0)  
I'm not sure if this will get fixed, since we're so close to JtRH, but it seems that there still is a version of the scroll-loss bug hanging around. And besides, I really need it something done for when I release the final level of Deep Hold. (I might actually get to that today, but it's not as good without scrolls). Anyways, this is what's happened. It also might be something else altogether.

Anyways, I was making a copy of Deep Hold for another computer. I exported, imported, etc. and everything worked fine. When I wanted to edit Deep Hold from my other computer, it naturally made me a new copy of the hold for that computer.

Then I noticed that the new copy had no text left on its scrolls. Every single one in the hold was blank. I checked the copy I had imported, and it was perfect. All the scrolls were in place.

Anyways, when I tried to type text into one of the blank scrolls, it seemed to work fine. I clicked OK. If I open up the scroll again, it's fine, and what I typed is still there. If I exit editing that room then go back in, the text has disappeared again.

If anybody could help me on this it would be really appreciated. These scrolls are really important. :(

[Edited by The_Red_Hawk at Local Time:11-21-2004 at 07:26 PM]

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
11-21-2004 at 07:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
icon Re: Scroll Loss Bug (+1)  
Try exporting your player from the first computer and importing into the second computer. Then import the hold. If you use that imported player, you won't need to make a copy of the hold to edit it.

11-21-2004 at 07:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5060
icon Re: Scroll Loss Bug (0)  
The_Red_Hawk wrote:
Then I noticed that the new copy had no text left on its scrolls. Every single one in the hold was blank.
I think this is the same as the other scroll loss bugs mentioned. I've fixed it for a new patch.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
03-15-2005 at 10:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Scroll Loss Bug
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com