Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : How to make my own Room style?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Resert On
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 37
IP: Logged
icon How to make my own Room style? (0)  
How to make my own Room style on :

- DROD
- DROD: RPG

And what is *.tim?

05-21-2017 at 12:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
azb
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 460
icon Re: How to make my own Room style? (+1)  
During the TCB era, when custom styles were first granted to users, a handful of guides were published. I would recommend this helpful, if technical, guide by Kwakstaur when someone asked a similar question: Guide to creating TCB styles

Please note, however, that this guide was published during the TCB era and thus excludes special floors and effects unique to GatEB and TSS. The general process of creating your styles still applies, however.

[Last edited by azb at 05-21-2017 01:33 PM]
05-21-2017 at 01:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Resert On
icon Re: How to make my own Room style? (0)  
I have problem when understand this:
Kwakstur wrote:
Click here to view the secret text

I can't see how to seperate between the item that want replaced and the image that want replaced.
Can someone give a detail about that?

05-22-2017 at 07:10 AM
Tuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1545
icon Re: How to make my own Room style? (+2)  
The numbers themselves correspond to the items you're replacing. 51 is a SE-facing sword, 52 is a S-facing sword etc. There's a list here with some entries. For a full list the DROD source code is probably the best reference.

The new images all go in a single .png file. Each new image is 22x22 pixels and you just put them all together. So if you were using the example .tim file:
51-54
58,!2,90
87,86,84-85
12,!3
Then your PNG file would be 88x88 pixels (4x4 tiles) arranged like this:
+--+--+--+--+
|51|52|53|54|
+--+--+--+--+
|58|  |  |90|
+--+--+--+--+
|87|86|84|85|
+--+--+--+--+
|12|  |  |  |
+--+--+--+--+

05-24-2017 at 12:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Resert On
Then if I already set up generaltiles.png and generaltiles.tim, what I must do?

05-28-2017 at 06:07 AM
Tuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1545
icon Re: How to make my own Room style? (+3)  
You probably don't want to call them 'generaltiles'. Name them something unique, like resertontiles.png and resertontiles.tim.

Put those files in the DROD Bitmaps directory. On Windows, that's something like C:\ProgramData\Caravel\drod-5_0\Bitmaps (there might be another folder in there somewhere -- I can't actually check right now).

Then edit the drod.ini file and add a new line matching your new file. So here's an extract of the TSS drod.ini with an extra line added:
Foundation=Foundation
Foundation Skies=DayPuffyClouds;DuskClouds;SunsetRed;NightPuffyClouds;DarkNightPuffyClouds;DarkNightPuffyClouds;DarkNightPuffyClouds
General=GeneralTiles
General=resertontiles
Greenhouse=Greenhouse
Greenhouse Skies=DayStormy;DuskStormy;DuskStormy;NightStormy;DarkNightStormy;DarkNightStormy;DarkNightStormy
The important thing to remember is that if two files set the same image number, the last file wins. So your additions need to go after the General=GeneralTiles line in drod.ini, not before.
05-30-2017 at 12:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Resert On
Another thing : what the codes for all elements (except walls, because i will export an image that showing all tiles about walls and then you give the code in center of it (because if you trying to make it to a code like "guidelines to make Jtrh graphics by coppro (i didn't remember the title after all and sorry for say it's was disgustingly)" it's was very disgustingly to me (You can say it's not recommended)).)?
Then, how to make water from showing pit to something else (inner walls, dirt floor, alternate floor, etc.).
Also how to make shallow water from showing dirt floor to something else?

[Last edited by Resert On at 06-17-2017 02:44 AM]
06-17-2017 at 02:36 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : How to make my own Room style?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com