Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Spelunker Play-By-Post (Hardcore gaming Apple II style)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
jdyer
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 329
IP: Logged
icon Spelunker Play-By-Post (+3)  
I found an obscure, probably-only-ever-played-by-a-literal-handful-of-people game in the October 1979 issue of the magazine Micro. Partly due to it being printed in a magazine, it’s meant to be played with a “guide” who reads the location descriptions printed therein.

I'm doing a little experiment where my blog readers get to play. Feel free to join in on the fun!

Original post: https://bluerenga.wordpress.com/2017/03/15/spelunker-1979/

First play-by-post: https://bluerenga.wordpress.com/2017/03/23/spelunker-play-by-post/
03-23-2017 at 10:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Spelunker Play-By-Post (+1)  
Wow, this takes me way back. I always loved text adventures, and computer magazines back in the 80's were just magical. (Okay, 1979 on this one.) Very cool experiment you're running there.

-Erik

03-26-2017 at 09:03 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jdyer
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 329
icon Re: Spelunker Play-By-Post (0)  
Thanks! I really do hope to finish with 1979 this year. I have had lots of professional and family obligations making it hard for me to avoid long breaks, but the end feels palpable to me and I'd like to say I'm the first person to play through all adventures from the 1970s.
03-27-2017 at 10:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Spelunker Play-By-Post (Hardcore gaming Apple II style)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com