Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Tarstuff Horticulture Facility : Unkempt Tarstuff : 2 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2430
IP: Logged
icon Tarstuff Horticulture Facility : Unkempt Tarstuff : 2 East (+1)  
I'm not really sure how to proceed with this room. I've worked out a way to block growth in one section, but it doesn't extend easily to doing more than one at a time.
02-16-2017 at 04:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2379

File: tar.png (45.6 KB)
Downloaded 145 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Tarstuff Horticulture Facility : Unkempt Tarstuff : 2 East (+2)  
From a position like this, you can walk backwards while swinging your sword left then right alternating, timing it so you're back to the middle area upon the next spawn.
Click here to view the secret text

Then it's a matter of keeping enough babies around to avoid it growing back again.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.

[Last edited by disoriented at 02-16-2017 05:26 AM]
02-16-2017 at 05:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
KituU
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 218
icon Re: Tarstuff Horticulture Facility : Unkempt Tarstuff : 2 East (0)  
find this room so so difficult !!

did the "disoriented's backwards while swinging" on the 4 branches, but then I'm completely stuck .
By the time i kill babies, carved tar is back again.
Also tried to clean middle section to close central door after trimming branches, but could not.
10-30-2017 at 10:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Insoluble
Rank Points: 1638

File: least efficient way to do it.png (646.4 KB)
Downloaded 98 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Tarstuff Horticulture Facility : Unkempt Tarstuff : 2 East (+2)  
This room is crazy. I currently have the absolute worst demo on C-net so am probably not the best person to give hints, but I did basically the same thing you described above. I used disoriented's trick above to do each branch, retreating back to the middle and letting tar growth envelop me before starting the next branch. This required leaving two tiles of tar hanging out of each side of the square, and I kept this rotationally symmetric (though I can't remember if that was actually necessary) In case it helps, I went with the East branch first, then the south, then the West, and the North last. I've attached an image of what things looked like the turn right before I stepped on the pressure plate.
Click here to view the secret text

From there you can step on the plate and clear the remaining tar in the yellow doors letting you exit with the clone to take care of the rest of the room. I can post a (horribly unoptimized) demo if you want.

[Last edited by Insoluble at 10-30-2017 11:51 PM]
10-30-2017 at 11:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2379
icon Re: Tarstuff Horticulture Facility : Unkempt Tarstuff : 2 East (+1)  
Don’t worry Insoluble, larrymurk has a way of making us all look like pretty bad Drodders! :)

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
10-30-2017 at 11:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
KituU
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 218
icon Re: Tarstuff Horticulture Facility : Unkempt Tarstuff : 2 East (+1)  
This room is crazy indeed, and genius.
Completely missed the fact that Beethro could step inside closed door.
Thank you !
:)
10-31-2017 at 03:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Tarstuff Horticulture Facility : Unkempt Tarstuff : 2 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com