Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : 4 win
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
allb
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
IP: Logged

File: 4 Win.hold (3.1 KB)
Downloaded 47 times.
License: Public Domain
icon 4 win (+2)  
This is a 2 player hold. You can play it, but you can't complete the hold. It's not supposed to be completed.

Can this be uploaded as a real hold? -_-
02-13-2017 at 07:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
superluminal
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 75

File: colorful.jpg (862.2 KB)
Downloaded 254 times.
icon Re: 4 win (0)  
Neat idea!

Without an ending condition (exit stairs, Go To Level Entrance end hold, etc.), your work can't be published to the Holds board. You could add a some stairs to the north of the level entrance. Or you could leave it on the Architecture board forevermore. Whatever works for you.

There's a few places you could take this project that people might like:
• This would be a lot of fun for multiple people to play. You could try running a contest where people play against each other.
• If you wanted a larger audience, you could host a tournament on YouTube or Twitch. This forum has plenty of members who can record and stream their gameplay. That could become a fun forum tradition.
• You could upload a video of you playing with someone else, hot-seat style.
• For the hold itself, you could incorporate more zany game ideas, such as a third player, or a non-rectangular game board, or whatever other neat conditions you can think of.
• Write an AI! The scripting here is already super slick, but if you could program a reasonably challenging opponent to play against, you'd add a lot to your game.

I decided to try the single-player version. For those of you who don't know what that means, it's where I spend way too long making pretty pictures:
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by superluminal at 02-13-2017 10:34 PM]
02-13-2017 at 10:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Crimson Moon
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 108
icon Re: 4 win (0)  
I concur! This hold idea is pretty sweet!

I agree with the making variations. Having other boards that aren't just rectangles or different varieties of how to play would be a cool addition (If it's multiple rooms, then that's fine too.)

If you wanted to get this hold published officially, you could develop an AI that when defeated, the room will be cleared and you can finish the hold. Add in the varieties and you would have a fun and unique hold!

I hope to see you continuing to work on this idea!
02-14-2017 at 06:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
allb
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12

File: 4 Win 2-0.hold (3 KB)
Downloaded 39 times.
icon Re: 4 win 2.0 (0)  
Here is a Update, a version 2.0 of this game. You wished an AI, but i can't sript it. Maybe somebodey else? Now you can compelte this hold to see the sript. Post the full sript with the AI as a reply here if you can do it. This is not the final update!
02-21-2017 at 05:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : 4 win
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No