Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Peaceful Coexistence challenge on JtRH:L115N1W not registering if room is clear
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
uhuf
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 20
IP: Logged
icon Peaceful Coexistence challenge on JtRH:L115N1W not registering if room is clear (+1)  
Regarding the challenge "Peaceful Coexistence" on
Journey to the Rooted Hold: Eleventh Level, Quince North, One West.

For me, the challenge only registers if the room is not clear. If the room was already cleared, despite this having no affect on the challenge, it did not register.

I am playing JtRH through the latest GatEB version on Steam.

Thank you

[Last edited by uhuf at 01-13-2017 12:08 PM]
01-13-2017 at 12:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
JLE
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 35
icon Re: Peaceful Coexistence challenge on JtRH:L115N1W not registering if room is clear (0)  
This is almost certainly deliberate. One cannot "coexist" with an empty-room: the prefix "co-", meaning "with", implies the existence of another party to coexist with. The challenge is specifically for making it through the room while all the goblins are alive - not making it through an empty room by dint of visiting it a second time after clearance.
01-14-2020 at 02:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1443
icon Re: Peaceful Coexistence challenge on JtRH:L115N1W not registering if room is clear (+1)  
It sounds like the post above is confusing this room with a different one - in fairness, the way the room is written in the title makes it less than obvious at a glance that the room is "Level 11, 5N 1W" as opposed to something on Level 15. This room only has wubbas, and one roach that's inaccessible from where the wubbas are. Apparently the challenge is only awarded if you haven't killed the roach yet.

Reaching the roach requires passing through the room the first time, so at least you can't end up failing before you even get a chance for the challenge.

[Last edited by Dragon Fogel at 01-14-2020 04:05 AM]
01-14-2020 at 04:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
JLE
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 35
icon Re: Peaceful Coexistence challenge on JtRH:L115N1W not registering if room is clear (0)  
Whoops, sorry. I got completely the wrong level, in fact the wrong official HOLD - there's an achievement for getting through one of the L25 rooms (while chasing the Neather) in KDD without killing any of the dozen goblins that inhabit it. Oddly enough, going through the room is usually a one-way trip, but there are no blue doors on the final level so it's possible to get through the final level and still leave monsters alive, and there's an achievement for not killing any of the goblins.

Of course, for room and game completion purposes, you have to actually go back and do it, because they're "essential" rooms that are counted as not completed, and the game requires a proper linear completion of the final level...
01-14-2020 at 05:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Peaceful Coexistence challenge on JtRH:L115N1W not registering if room is clear
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com