Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Installation problem (Unable to run a new install of Drod)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Kafka
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 42
IP: Logged

File: Screenshot - 26_11_2016 , 00_19_19.png (432.4 KB)
Downloaded 31 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Installation problem (0)  
I tried to send this report by email to bugs@caravelgames.com, but it bounced back with the message "553 Unknown recipient." And over recent weeks, I have written repeatedly to miker@caravelgames3.com and to support@caravelgames.com regarding this problem, but received no reply, nor even an acknowledgement. I hope that this report will be received and answered!

My problem is that I recently replaced my hard drive, and have tried to reinstall Drod TCB. However, although the programme seems to have installed, and a have a desktop icon, I can't open the game. When I try, I get a pop-up error message as in the attached screenshot. I cannot open or play the game at all.

12-27-2016 at 01:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2668
icon Re: Installation problem (0)  
A quick forum search shows that it looks like tcb gave you the same issue five years ago:

http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=32293&page=1#322559

Does it work if you run it as an administrator? If so, then try installing it somewhere other than Program Files.
12-27-2016 at 01:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kafka
Thanks, I'd forgotten that. Yes, it does seem to work if I run as an admin. So I will try later to recreate all of the steps in that previous thread. Since this is a new hard disk, I am intrigued what may be causing this problem.

12-27-2016 at 02:06 PM
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2668
It seems likely that it has nothing to do with your hard disk and more to do with versions of Windows since TCB was first released locking down certain folders for security reasons, hence why elevating yourself to full admin rights makes the issue go away.

Reinstall the programme to a different folder, don't put it anywhere under Program Files.
12-27-2016 at 03:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kafka
Well, I have tried to repeat the steps in the previous thread, but it seems to make no difference. No matter where I install Drod, I get the same error. At the present, I am completely unable to play!

01-03-2017 at 07:04 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Installation problem (Unable to run a new install of Drod)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com