Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Sixteenth Level : Entrance (The challenge, again)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 115
IP: Logged
icon King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Sixteenth Level : Entrance (0)  
Yeah, the challenge is "clear the room without coming in from another entrance." As in, clear it when you first enter it, or first start the level.

Click here to view the secret text

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery
12-25-2016 at 08:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Camwoodstock
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Sixteenth Level : Entrance (0)  
...Anybody? Anybody able to give any help with the challenge?

Perhaps a demo?

12-31-2016 at 04:35 AM
Camwoodstock
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Sixteenth Level : Entrance (-1)  
Camwoodstock wrote:
...Anybody? Anybody able to give any help with the challenge?

Perhaps a demo?

...Please. The other threads for KDD1.0 said nothing about the challenge.

01-02-2017 at 10:54 PM
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
Is any particular part of the room giving you trouble?

Fundamentally all you have to do here is

Click here to view the secret text

and I don't remember anything in particular that gets much harder if you don't leave the room first.
01-02-2017 at 11:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Beckett
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10

File: L16_entrance.gif (117.4 KB)
Downloaded 59 times.
License: Public Domain
I'm having so much trouble with this room that I'm starting to question if there's some aspect of roach behavior that I don't properly understand.

Below is a screenshot of the position I'm in. I watched a YouTube video where a player starts in almost the exact same position and he somehow shifts the group of roaches south while still keeping 4 in the left column and 6 in the right column. But when I try to do that, as soon as I step south at least one of the roaches switches from the left column to the right column. I don't understand how it is possible.
08-19-2019 at 02:18 AM
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
What's giving you trouble is movement order.

Each monster moves at a different point in the turn relative to other monsters. Because of this, only looking at the position won't tell you how they move. Instead, one roach moves before another roach, possibly blocking the move that second roach wanted to make. You can check move order by right-clicking on a monster; there's a number next to its name indicating when it moves relative to other monsters. The lower the number, the sooner it moves.

However, in this particular room you're probably better off just messing around until something works rather than dealing with the finer points of movement order. I'm just explaining the concept to clarify what's going wrong.
08-19-2019 at 03:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Sixteenth Level : Entrance (The challenge, again)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com