Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : A request for the site. (Pleeeeeease?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
HSE
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 162
IP: Logged
icon A request for the site. (0)  
When I'm at my friend's house, I sometimes access DROD.net. However, his internet connection is very slow, and as a result, I am forced to wait for images and smileys to load until I can read the posts properly. Could there be some sort of option under your profile to let you have a text version of the site? Or, if this is too broad, a tick-list of non-text things you want (like Smileys, Banners, Pictures, Avatars, etc).
I speak on behalf of all the slow-modem people.
-Seb
PS: If my post was a bit unclear then tell me and I'll rephrase it.
11-15-2004 at 06:16 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3264
icon Re: A request for the site. (0)  
I believe that some browsers have an option to toggle image loading off but I'm not exactly sure which one(s)...
11-15-2004 at 06:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
HSE
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 162
Doom wrote:
I believe that some browsers have an option to toggle image loading off but I'm not exactly sure which one(s)...
What about when I'm at school? I'm restricted from doing that, and anyway some people might not want to keep turning images on and off. Also, you said that some browsers may have the option to turn images off - what about the people that don't have those browsers?
11-15-2004 at 06:27 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3264
I'm sure you're restricted to do many things in school. ;)

And people who don't have those browsers and want to have some properties that they include could always get them. I think that at least opera allows you to prevent image loading. My friend used a mobile phone to connect computer into internet. (Yes, very slow... It was useful to toggle images off on some sites.)

Well maybe it could be done. Kingdom of Loathing inventory can do it. Why wouldn't it work here. Ask Schik. I don't know so much about these things
11-15-2004 at 07:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : A request for the site. (Pleeeeeease?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com