Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : trees/columns
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
nem-z
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16
IP: Logged
icon trees/columns (+1)  
How about a dungeon element that is essentially a 1x1 wall in it's natural position, but when hit with the sword falls over, becoming a 1x4 wall in the same direction as the sword points afterwords.

It would kill any enemies underneath it, including tar and snakes... if it hits the head. otherwise snake passes through without chainging direction until completely out of the new wall. If it fell on a wall it just overlaps, effectively just acting as an extention.
11-14-2004 at 01:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 783
icon Re: trees/columns (0)  
That sounds like it might be pretty neat. I think the best use would be to form different passageways, and blocks for monsters to use, perhaps being careful not to trap anything, etc.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
11-14-2004 at 02:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skinsmen
Rank Points: 26
Whoa, Sounds pretty cool. :thumbsup
What would happen though if the freshly cut tree were to fall on tar that can't be broken up?
11-14-2004 at 04:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
Splat - tar babies! Make sure not to fell the trees so that monsters are left in the room, like in that puzzle on Claythro tower with all the orbs - dont hit them, or you lose.
11-14-2004 at 10:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skinsmen
Rank Points: 26
wackhead_uk wrote:
Splat - tar babies! quote]

Ummm I meant like 2X2 blobs of tar...
11-14-2004 at 07:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
Well, assuming that the trees are 1 square wide, and it destroys tar, then any way they landed on a 2x2 square, there would be a situation where the tar was 1x1 square, so tar babies would be formed.
11-14-2004 at 07:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : trees/columns
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com