Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : GatEB Steam: Custom room styles can't be downloaded at all
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
uncopy2002
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 431
IP: Logged
icon GatEB Steam: Custom room styles can't be downloaded at all (+1)  
So, first, enter Mod management screen using the Manage button under Room Style in the editor. There's a bunch of room styles available.

In GatEB Steam, every non-official room style are shown as black instead of grey (black is for installed styles, grey is for not yet installed style that's on CNet), but they aren't actually installed, because you can select one of them and their display information are those which aren't installed (if it's installed, you only see the style name on the right; if not it'll also show size and version).

Now if you actually try to download it, the game greets you with an "&Okay" popup, and then some beeps before a horrible crash. drod.err says this:

Assertion error in line 727 of .\ListBoxWidget.cpp: "wLineNo == 0 || wLineNo < this->Items.size()"
Assertion error in line 455 of .\ScrollableWidget.cpp: "dblPosPercent <= 1.0"
Assertion error in line 448 of .\ListBoxWidget.cpp: "wSelectedLine < this->Items.size()"

[Last edited by uncopy2002 at 10-25-2016 07:48 PM]
10-25-2016 at 07:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: GatEB Steam: Custom room styles can't be downloaded at all (0)  
I've carefully investigated this issue in a debugger session of the Steam build. I am seeing some odd metadata appearing in the right pane of the screen when I select styles available on CaravelNet. I've shot off a message to Matt about looking into that from the server side.

Besides that, though, I am not able to reproduce the issues you report. The non-imported CaravelNet room styles appear gray in the list and I was able to download and use Basalt fine.

To me, it sounds like there is some corruption in your local data (maybe the data.dat file), causing the game to think these styles are at least partially present on your system. Would you please temporarily try moving all your .dat files out of the game's local data dir (i.e., "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Caravel\drod-5_0") and start up a fresh run of the game to verify that styles can download and import fine at this point?

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-05-2016 at 08:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
uncopy2002
I've just tried starting fresh, and the problem still exists.

However, when I start afresh I found that it can be reproduced with even the minimal setup. All the custom styles show as black when I start afresh, create a new profile, enter the editor and go to the mod management menu.
11-06-2016 at 01:28 AM
uncopy2002
Jeff just mentioned in chat that this is due to references to a CNet style inside drod.ini that actually hasn't been downloaded yet.

So I guess there's a safeguard to check whether a style actually exists, but the mod management download screen isn't doing the safeguard properly.
12-16-2016 at 06:53 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : GatEB Steam: Custom room styles can't be downloaded at all
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com