Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Help making my own room styles? (There's no sticky thread that shows how to do this...)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 115
IP: Logged
icon Help making my own room styles? (0)  
Yeah, I want to know how to make my own room style, but... It's not made too clear?

As far as I know, it's not something that is exclusive to a CaravelNet subscription. But I can't find how or where to make one. What's up with that? Any help?

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery
10-16-2016 at 01:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3624
icon Re: Help making my own room styles? (0)  
After double-checking, yeah, there doesn't seem to be any sticky thread on any forum about this, and the in-game help does talk about how to install existing mods but not how to create a new style set.

So, generally what you want to do is start from a template file (like this one) that already has all of the correct filenames, dimensions, etc. and replace the graphics with your own custom graphics. Then, once you're done, re-name the style, put the style graphics in DROD's bitmaps folder, add the relevant line to the drod.ini configuration file (Styles=MyCoolAwesomeStyle), and your style should show up in-game when you re-launch the program.

You can then export the style into a .dmf file.

Let me know if you'd like clarification on any of those steps, or if that's enough for now.

[Last edited by Chaco at 10-16-2016 02:45 AM]
10-16-2016 at 02:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 115
Chaco wrote:
After double-checking, yeah, there doesn't seem to be any sticky thread on any forum about this, and the in-game help does talk about how to install existing mods but not how to create a new style set.

So, generally what you want to do is start from a template file (like this one) that already has all of the correct filenames, dimensions, etc. and replace the graphics with your own custom graphics. Then, once you're done, re-name the style, put the style graphics in DROD's bitmaps folder, add the relevant line to the drod.ini configuration file (Styles=MyCoolAwesomeStyle), and your style should show up in-game when you re-launch the program.

You can then export the style into a .dmf file.

Let me know if you'd like clarification on any of those steps, or if that's enough for now.

Does the base for TCB also work with GatEB, or no?

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery
10-16-2016 at 05:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
navithmastero
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 596
IIRC, it should work for all Post-2.0 game engines (so TCB, GatEB and TSS).

One of your local HAs.

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

10-26-2016 at 10:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Help making my own room styles? (There's no sticky thread that shows how to do this...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com