Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Rodents of unusual size (Lemming puzzles)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.4/10 (8 votes)
σ 0.99
Author Name:Red-XIII
Submitted By:Red-XIII
Hold Name:Rodents of unusual size
Theme:Lemming puzzles
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:52
Number of Monsters:373
Version:DROD: The Second Sky (5.0.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:3 (+3 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Rodents of unusual size.hold (137.3 KB)
Downloaded 353 times.
License: Other
icon Rodents of unusual size  
Hello guys!

This is a hold featuring one my favourite elements of TSS, lemmings!
There are several types of puzzles, some of them involving interactions that are not present in TSS and some others regarding interactions with many different elements.
The difficulty varies from room to room but overall this should be a pretty challenging hold.

I could have not done this without the help of many people, like Nuntar for helping me with challenge scripting and all the testers (larrymurk, Insoluble, Komachi, LeoS, blorx1, chaco and disoriented), who found tons of USs. Thank you very much, you guys are the best!

10-14-2016 at 01:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
blorx1
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 920
icon Re: Rodents of unusual size (0)  
I forgot to review this when it came out, but it's a really solid hold. Lots of cool rooms, not too much stuff that's fiddly, and the worst offenders are challenges or do warn you.

10-24-2016 at 03:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
uncopy2002
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 431
icon Re: Rodents of unusual size (+1)  
Challenge bug: 2N2W challenge is unlocked upon clearing the room even when you've locked yourself in the process, which means it's broken.

Suggested fix: Unlock challenge only if player has went out of the enclosed area (rectangle from 1,2 to 36,29).

[Last edited by uncopy2002 at 11-11-2016 10:55 AM]
11-11-2016 at 10:23 AM
jemesthomus89
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 10
Hello Guys,

Obstinate Louisiana angler Thomas Gonzales doesn't comprehend what will hit him next. Following quite a while of typhoons and oil slicks, he faces another danger - swarms of huge 20 pound overwhelm rodents. Known as "nutria", these obtrusive South American rodents breed quicker than the meandering squads of seekers can control them. What's more, with their orange teeth and insatiable hunger they are gobbling up the seaside wetlands that ensure Thomas and his town of Delacroix Island from typhoons. In any case, the general population who have lived here for ages are not the sort of people who will surrender without a battle. Thomas and a pack of energetic abundance seekers are hellbent on sparing Louisiana before it breaks down underneath their feet. It is man versus rat. May the best warm-blooded creature win.
10-25-2018 at 07:22 AM
Aquator
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 405

File: RO_US.png (180.3 KB)
Downloaded 314 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Rodents of unusual size (+6)  
jemesthomus89 wrote:
Obstinate Louisiana angler Thomas Gonzales doesn't comprehend what will hit him next. Following quite a while of typhoons and oil slicks, he faces another danger - swarms of huge 20 pound overwhelm rodents. Known as "nutria", these obtrusive South American rodents breed quicker than the meandering squads of seekers can control them. What's more, with their orange teeth and insatiable hunger they are gobbling up the seaside wetlands that ensure Thomas and his town of Delacroix Island from typhoons. In any case, the general population who have lived here for ages are not the sort of people who will surrender without a battle. Thomas and a pack of energetic abundance seekers are hellbent on sparing Louisiana before it breaks down underneath their feet. It is man versus rat. May the best warm-blooded creature win.
I haven't been to that room yet, but from looking at the map I think I see a solution and will attach a screenshot of it. :) Keep in mind how lemmings interact with rafts and that they can't turn back around on hot tiles without dying. Of course, setting this up probably requires shuffling around rafts for a few miles, so there might be a more efficient solution.
Solution in the secret tags:
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Aquator at 10-25-2018 08:21 AM]
10-25-2018 at 08:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
LOL!

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
10-25-2018 at 02:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Rodents of unusual size (Lemming puzzles) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com