Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Steam and Non-Gunthro/TSS holds? (These achievements, man...)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 115
IP: Logged
icon Steam and Non-Gunthro/TSS holds? (0)  
On the achievements, there's several achievements for several official holds; KDD, JtRH, TCB, and then 23 secret achievements.

Now, I couldn't care less about the secret achievements, those I can easily save for the future. But my questions come in with KDD, JtRH, and TCB. Those holds (obviously) aren't bundled with Steam's GatEB, as far as I am aware of. And yet, they have achievements?

This is confusing me, for several reasons:
1. How do you get them?
1a. Are you supposed to import them?
1b. Or are you supposed to download them via a CaravelNet account and get them that way?
1c. If so, What about getting it via a Steam account and not a CaravelNet account?
1d. Are they going to be DLC? If they're DLC, why are they already achievements?
2. If we're supposed to own these holds via their respective DROD versions, what exactly do we do if we don't have those?
2a. And if we don't want those, and just the holds?
3. Would ANY variation of KDD (which has had several revamps over time) work?
3a. Architect's Edition in particular?
3b. Even if I changed the KDD through some witchcraft to use modded hold styles that had the original AE styles? (Someone replicated those and they're super rad)
3c. Even if SOMEONE ELSE modded KDD through... well, actually having it?
4. If I'm supposed to only have the holds, would importing them suffice, or does that now allow the achievements to work?
4a. How do I locate where the hold files are? I know how to import...
4b. While I'm at it, how do I import the AE version of KDD? ...Mostly just for fun.
5. Is there actually just a way to get these super easily I am missing?
5a. Have these secretly been prepackaged with GatEB and I'm just a fool?
5b. If somehow 5a, then how do I even unlock them? Beating GatEB? Mastering it?
5c. Or is there at least a prepackaged compatibility with them?
6. Am I hallucinating?
6a. Is DROD even real?
6b. Is there a god-- err, DROD?
6c. How can DROD be real if Evil Eyes are not real?
6d. Am I even real?
6e. This is giving me an existential crisis and I should stop now.

But seriously, can someone clear something up? I have so many questions right now, and potentially so much DROD to play? Maybe? I have no clue.

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery

[Last edited by Camwoodstock at 10-05-2016 02:24 AM]
10-05-2016 at 02:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DezzTech
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 327
icon Re: Steam and Non-Gunthro/TSS holds? (+1)  
ew, too many questions. All the other games (except TSS) will be eventually released as DLC for GatEB and then you'll be able to get those achievements.

10-05-2016 at 04:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 115
icon Re: Steam and Non-Gunthro/TSS holds? (0)  
DezzTech wrote:
ew, too many questions. All the other games (except TSS) will be eventually released as DLC for GatEB and then you'll be able to get those achievements.

That would actually make a lot of sense... Will that DLC cost money, though? (if it is, and the creators of DRDO stumble upon this thread, if I HAD to choose a price for getting the holds via steam, I'd say 2-5 dollars, but no more than 9.)

Oh, and while I'm at it, where is the hold data for AE stored? I wanna import the older KDD from AE into my GatEB data.

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery

[Last edited by Camwoodstock at 10-05-2016 12:45 PM]
10-05-2016 at 12:44 PM
xpym
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 87
icon Re: Steam and Non-Gunthro/TSS holds? (+1)  
All official titles will be available for free to those who have purchased them previously and have them bound to their accounts. Otherwise the prices will be in line with those on other outlets I'd assume.
10-05-2016 at 02:33 PM
DezzTech
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 327
icon Re: Steam and Non-Gunthro/TSS holds? (0)  
Camwoodstock wrote: Oh, and while I'm at it, where is the hold data for AE stored? I wanna import the older KDD from AE into my GatEB data.

You can't easily extract the KDD hold from AE, but you can download it from here: http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=6547

Also, if you install AE Style Mod before importing the hold, it will use those styles.

10-05-2016 at 03:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Steam and Non-Gunthro/TSS holds? (These achievements, man...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com