Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : GatEB Steam: Challenge completion isn't sent to CaravelNet
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
uncopy2002
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 431
IP: Logged
icon GatEB Steam: Challenge completion isn't sent to CaravelNet (0)  
I was wondering why redoing my challenges on Jmit' 2 and Blind Race #2 on GatEB Steam doesn't update my challenge completion, even after lots of waiting. Then I tried doing the same on TSS, and it worked.
09-25-2016 at 03:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
uncopy2002
Rank Points: 431
icon Re: GatEB Steam: Challenge completion isn't sent to CaravelNet (0)  
Aquator just found that even room scores made in GatEB Steam are having the same problem: they're put into the spider queue, and then... disappeared. It seems that the spider happily drops all the demos from GatEB Steam, including score and challenge demos.
09-26-2016 at 02:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Aquator
Rank Points: 405
icon Re: GatEB Steam: Challenge completion isn't sent to CaravelNet (+1)  
uncopy2002 wrote:
Aquator just found that even room scores made in GatEB Steam are having the same problem: they're put into the spider queue, and then... disappeared. It seems that the spider happily drops all the demos from GatEB Steam, including score and challenge demos.
I was about to report this issue, when I made sure the latest steam build was still affected by it. While it was, I did read the thread about new rooms being created at the wrong coordinates and followed the advice of deleting my .dat files and letting the game create new ones.

Since then the spider has been accepting my demos as usual. I suppose something must have been wrong my with .dat files or the integer overflow somehow also impacted the way demos were created.
I still have my .dat files that cause this problem backed up, so I can provide them if they are in any way helpful.

[Last edited by Aquator at 09-26-2016 01:59 PM]
09-26-2016 at 01:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : GatEB Steam: Challenge completion isn't sent to CaravelNet
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com