Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Temporal Adventure : Palace Beyond Time : 2 South, 2 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2384
IP: Logged
icon Temporal Adventure : Palace Beyond Time : 2 South, 2 East (0)  
It appears that
Click here to view the secret text

This seems rather intimidating.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.

[Last edited by disoriented at 08-01-2016 09:04 PM]
08-01-2016 at 09:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
IP: Logged

File: TA Palace Beyond Time 2S2E Victory.demo (11.8 KB)
Downloaded 44 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Temporal Adventure : Palace Beyond Time : 2 South, 2 East (+1)  
Yeah, unfortunately it is a bit of an intimidating room. It is exactly as it appears to be

Click here to view the secret text

I guess I'll share the general strategy for clearing this room. I approached this room as though it were several smaller rooms. I first recorded Beethro going through the very first portion of the room and tabbed out before even making it to the middle section of the eastern bit. While recording I made sue to both use the bubble gun in order to survive and also think about how bubbles would be arriving in the future timeline to kill things etc. After perfecting the first bit, I moved on to doing the first and second portion of the room and so on. Each individual part of the room isn't all that bad, but it does get to be a bit exhausting re-recording the first bit time and time again. My best advice is to work on it for a bit, then go do something else, then come back to it (make sure to remember the sequence of moves you need to make to get things done properly.) One thing that helps is to try to keep middle Beethro's movements as simple and obvious as possible so that you can remember them more easily.

Sorry if none of this helps, it's kind of a difficult room to give hints for since there are so many bits and pieces to it. I feel like the main thing someone might need a hint for is how not to go crazy when putting it all together! If you have a particular portion of the room you're stuck on please specify. If you just want a demo to work off of that's fine too.

[Last edited by Insoluble at 08-02-2016 06:39 AM : demo attached]
08-01-2016 at 09:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Temporal Adventure : Palace Beyond Time : 2 South, 2 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com