Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Temporal Adventure : Imperial Tunnels : 4 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
IP: Logged
icon Temporal Adventure : Imperial Tunnels : 4 East (0)  
How do I get through this? I can block gel growth on the north easily enough, but then I can't find a way to hit the north pressure plate without trapping myself behind the force arrows.

I can't cut my way into that passage from the middle unless I somehow block the north side of the blob before the first growth cycle. Given that I have some gel to slog through before I can get there, that doesn't seem possible. I can't manipulate the slayer onto the plate, as far as I can tell; I can't go far enough east to lead him to the plate from a distance, and if I get close he only goes as far as one column west of it.

Clearly I'm missing something, but what?
07-30-2016 at 04:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
icon Re: Temporal Adventure : Imperial Tunnels : 4 East (0)  
All you're missing is that it is possible to block the north growth with the Slayer, and then cut through the middle block with the mother and un-plug the north passageway again.

07-30-2016 at 04:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
I don't see how.

To clear the gel leading into the north passage, I'd have to stand at 1, but there's a wall there. Any other cut will at best leave a 2-by-2 blob, unless I somehow block the first growth cycle.

I can get a cuttable corner in the north passage for the Slayer, and in theory that could work if we both cut in the right places at the same time. However:
1. I can't get the slayer to cooperate.
2. Even if I did, the gel babies would be in a bad position relative to me.
07-30-2016 at 05:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
icon Re: Temporal Adventure : Imperial Tunnels : 4 East (+1)  
There's another place you can stand to clear the gel leading into the North passage.

Click here to view the secret text

07-30-2016 at 05:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Thanks, I couldn't see that at all until you pointed it out. Finished the room now.
07-30-2016 at 05:50 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Temporal Adventure : Imperial Tunnels : 4 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com