Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Xindaris' First Hold : Temporal Symmetry : Entrance
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Bill L
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 27
IP: Logged
icon Xindaris' First Hold : Temporal Symmetry : Entrance (0)  
what is a temporal split point?
07-23-2016 at 10:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1531
IP: Logged
icon Re: Xindaris' First Hold : Temporal Symmetry : Entrance (+1)  
It's that token with the hourglass on it, a thing introduced in the official hold The Second Sky. The way it works is that your moves after stepping on the token are recorded, and when you push tab you go back in time to when you first stepped on the token. Then a "temporal projection" copy of Beethro "plays back" those recorded moves. If it's trying to make a move and can't then it waits for that to be open to continue the playback. Also, monsters are attracted to the projection unless there's a brain around, and if the projection gets killed you die too.

This level is themed around puzzles using those things, so hopefully that's enough to get you started.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 07-24-2016 12:37 AM]
07-24-2016 at 12:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Xindaris' First Hold : Temporal Symmetry : Entrance
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com