Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Aurora Bladeseeker sprites
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
robin
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 842
IP: Logged
icon Aurora Bladeseeker sprites (0)  
In Glum Clove Septence North Twice West (entrance to Smuggler's Maze)
The sprites of Aurora Bladeseeker are "soldier" sprites in stead of her own sprites

EDIT: Also 7N3W (same issue)

[Last edited by robin at 07-18-2016 09:46 PM]
07-18-2016 at 09:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4590
icon Re: Aurora Bladeseeker sprites (+1)  
RabidChild made sprites for Aurora as well as the others, but we're not using them. We'd like to, but we realised that two of the rooms she appears in rely on the roaches being attracted to her, which is only possible if she's a genuine Soldier.

07-18-2016 at 11:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487

File: Aurora demo.hold (6.9 KB)
Downloaded 39 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Aurora Bladeseeker sprites (0)  
I know one of those rooms is The Roach Pits 1E but the only other room that might qualify is Inuaro Canyon 1N1E, where none of the monsters are attracted to her.

Anyway, I've scripted something that should solve that problem for The Roach Pits room, just give it Aurora's tiles and it should work.

Edit: I just saw the results and I have to wonder if someone tried to clean up my script. I used "Imperative Ghost Display" for a reason. If it's trying to display her "unsworded body" tiles, just make a new character with an unsworded type that uses only her body tiles.

I've also added a new NPC that will allow the use of her blue-hilted sword. Give the citizen a graphic consisting entirely of Aurora's sword tiles.

[Last edited by averagemoe at 07-24-2016 05:56 AM]
07-18-2016 at 11:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Thanks, avgmoe! Nuntar, what do you think?

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-19-2016 at 02:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
robin
Rank Points: 842
Nice fix,
I can also confirm that both Patrons and the Archivist are fixed.
And Gulric Dawnmace sprites are all super!

The True Court Lacky still is a citizen, but I think that's intentionaly, since it's not fixed.
(I'm just writing is in case it's not intentionaly)
EDIT: I just saw that some court Lacky sprites are fixed, I'll repost the rooms where it's forgotten

EDIT2: seems that Glum Cove 7N2W is forgotten
Glum Cove 7N3W is fixed
And The True Court and the Second Audience with the True Court aren't fixed, but that's the part I thought it was intentionaly.

[Last edited by robin at 07-24-2016 09:10 AM]
07-24-2016 at 08:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4590
The character in Glum Cove 7N2W is a True Court Lackey, while the one in 7N3W is a Court Lackey.

Jacob, mrimer, is this correct or a bug that needs fixing? Also, should True Court Lackeys share the Court Lackey character tiles?

EDIT: Also, the characters in True Court: Entrance, 1W and 1S1E are Court Lackeys, which seems odd. Intentional?

[Last edited by Nuntar at 07-24-2016 12:34 PM]
07-24-2016 at 12:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487
Upon furthur inspection, you seem to have the sword color thing fixed already. But you'll also notice that in the updated version of my demonstration, I turned down the lights in the room, and the guard doesn't have that bright square around it. I also did a quick expiriment with giving it some sprites from the TSS custom element pack and determined that the problem doesn't involve an issue with custom tiles.

I think I'll leave those scripts here for anyone to download. I'm interested in what people will create if they can get it to work on larger portions of a room.

07-24-2016 at 06:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Nuntar wrote:
Jacob, mrimer, is this correct or a bug that needs fixing? Also, should True Court Lackeys share the Court Lackey character tiles?

EDIT: Also, the characters in True Court: Entrance, 1W and 1S1E are Court Lackeys, which seems odd. Intentional?
That part's not my area so I can't say, but I'm fine with whatever looks and feels best.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 07-26-2016 01:41 PM]
07-26-2016 at 01:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Aurora Bladeseeker sprites
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com