Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Nineteenth Level : 2 North, 1 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
butsam
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 114
IP: Logged
icon Journey to Rooted Hold : Nineteenth Level : 2 North, 1 West (0)  
I am apparently missing something very obvious with this room, a nagging question I have had for a long time, including now that I am replaying this gem of a game.

I have defeated the room, but only the "challenge" version. What is the "easy" way to beat this room? I just don't see how to get one of the doors open if you don't take the bottom path first! What am I missing?
07-10-2016 at 06:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4590
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Nineteenth Level : 2 North, 1 West (+2)  
The other way is to take the top path first (kill the queens and their spawned roaches), then go through the eyes and use the orb in the eyes' room to reach the goblins. It's a toggle, so you don't need to get all of them in one go.

Alternatively, after going round the top, strike the western orb to kill the first group of goblins, then go through the eyes' room.

07-10-2016 at 08:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
butsam
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 114
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Nineteenth Level : 2 North, 1 West (0)  
Nuntar wrote:
The other way is to take the top path first (kill the queens and their spawned roaches), then go through the eyes and use the orb in the eyes' room to reach the goblins. It's a toggle, so you don't need to get all of them in one go.

Alternatively, after going round the top, strike the western orb to kill the first group of goblins, then go through the eyes' room.

Ah, of course! I was just overlooking the obvious. Well, that does seem like a much easier way to approach it! I was wondering why I thought the room was a bit challenging... :) At least the challenge version is under my belt!

(In general, I should also mention that I am less adept than others at incorporating broken walls into my routine. I remember thinking this room was unbeatable until I found the broken wall that let me complete it the "challenge" way!)
07-11-2016 at 08:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Nineteenth Level : 2 North, 1 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com