Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Like Grains In An Hourglass : We Fall Through Time : 2 South
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
leefa
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 23
IP: Logged
icon Like Grains In An Hourglass : We Fall Through Time : 2 South (0)  
I'm really stuck in most of the rooms of this hold. guess I need more temporal clone training. is there anywhere I can go to get more info about them?

I'm so stuck :~(

06-10-2016 at 05:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2430
IP: Logged
icon Re: Like Grains In An Hourglass : We Fall Through Time : 2 South (+1)  
None of the rooms require pushing the timeclones (I think there's only one room where that's even possible, and you don't need to push to finish the room), so you're not dealing with their most complicated mechanic.

So for all the puzzles in this hold, here's what you need to know:
-The timeclone will do exactly what you did while recording, unless something blocks its way, in which case it waits until its path is clear.
-Monsters will go for whichever of you or the timeclone is closer. If the distance is the same, they'll go for the timeclone over you. (The specific reason for this is that the timeclone is later in the movement order, but I don't recall seeing any puzzles where you needed more than one timeclone to distract enemies.)
-Drinking a mimic/decoy/clone potion ends the recording immediately. This comes up in a few rooms.

For this particular room, the issue is mainly figuring out what your goals are. The basic goals are straightforward enough - you have to kill all the monsters and hit the seeding beacon so the room doesn't just refresh when you exit.

Now, you've probably noticed that on your initial run, the timeclone will easily be able to kill all the queens and hit the seeding beacon... but, because of the pressure plates and trapdoors, you're forced down a different path that will prevent the timeclone from killing any queens.

So, after the timeclone has passed through... who kills the queens, and how? And how does the timeclone survive during that process? That's what you want to figure out.
06-10-2016 at 06:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Like Grains In An Hourglass : We Fall Through Time : 2 South
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com