Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : How to submit to the hold database?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
GerAvos
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 51
IP: Logged
icon How to submit to the hold database? (+1)  
How do I submit a hold to the hold database: http://forum.caravelgames.com/holds.php? Will I have to post it to the Architecture forum first? I just want some clarification, that's all.

My hold is almost done. It's simple and focused on puzzles. Can't wait to post about it!
06-01-2016 at 07:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2379
icon Re: How to submit to the hold database? (+2)  
Yes you can post it on Architecture and there will be a button to promote it when you're ready. Then the Hold Administrators will review it before it is released.

(Those with CaravelNet also get beta boards that they can use, which lets them limit the testers and view demos)

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
06-01-2016 at 07:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
GerAvos
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 51
icon Re: How to submit to the hold database? (+1)  
Alright, that's great. I was worried I had no control about when the hold would be ready for release. I don't have CaravelNet membership though, so I will be using the forum only I think.

[Last edited by GerAvos at 06-01-2016 07:16 PM]
06-01-2016 at 07:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2668
Want to submit a hold to the Holds board? Please read this, it should hopefully answer most of any questions you may have.

http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=13614
06-01-2016 at 07:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insoluble
Rank Points: 1638
Just in case you didn't have a chance to follow the link or only glanced at it, one of the most important takeaways is this:

Please leave your hold on the architecture board for a while before submitting it Hold Administrators so that people will have a chance to beta test it for you.

This will absolutely improve the overall quality of your hold. You don't have to make any changes based on beta tester's recommendations, but they will almost always catch things you didn't (unintended solutions, typos, etc.) no matter how meticulous you've been in testing your own hold. Congrats by the way on putting a hold together that's mostly complete and ready for beta testing!

[Last edited by Insoluble at 06-01-2016 07:56 PM]
06-01-2016 at 07:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : How to submit to the hold database?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com