Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Help! (DROD doesn't bring me the pleasure it once did!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
BlueFlower
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 156
IP: Logged
icon Help! (0)  
Recently I stopped playing DROD because it didn't have the same fun it once had. Where it once had the appeal and lustre of silver, It shines like wood now. To put it bluntly, I am looking for anything that will make me love DROD again.

05-18-2016 at 02:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2379
icon Re: Help! (+2)  
Well there are several possibilities here.

1) Horde rooms getting you down? You can always try a hold that's more puzzle solving linchpins, or vice-versa.

2) Playing bad holds the problem? Trying some architecture will stimulate another part of your brain. You could even make something non-Drodlike.

3) Just take a break for a while. Maybe you need to play other types of games right now.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
05-18-2016 at 05:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2668
icon Re: Help! (+1)  
Burnout tends to be pretty common in almost all hobbies. It will take longer for some people than others, but the shine will always dim at some point.

My advice is always to take a break and try something new. Either you will find yourself missing DROD and will return with renewed vigour, or you will find something else that excites you. Ultimately spending time doing something that makes you happy is a much better use of your time stuggling to have fun with something that just isnt doing anything for you.
05-18-2016 at 09:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
BlueFlower
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 156
icon Re: Help! (0)  
kieranmillar wrote:
Burnout tends to be pretty common in almost all hobbies. It will take longer for some people than others, but the shine will always dim at some point.

My advice is always to take a break and try something new. Either you will find yourself missing DROD and will return with renewed vigour, or you will find something else that excites you. Ultimately spending time doing something that makes you happy is a much better use of your time stuggling to have fun with something that just isnt doing anything for you.
Huh, I never realised that. It's really good advice, and I think what you said might be my problem.

05-19-2016 at 01:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Yeah I usually drift in and out. Nothing personally just sometimes I get really bored of the game for no reason. It's great though because when I come back rooms are harder again.
05-22-2016 at 04:12 AM
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
Games I've gotten bored of and have returned to later with renewed enjoyment...

* DROD
* DROD: RPG
* Chip's Challenge
* Watson's Map
* Grim Fandango
* Subspace
* Dungeon Keeper
* Lux

Hmm. It's a long list, actually--too long to complete. Basically all the really good games I come back to again later.

-Erik

05-28-2016 at 05:16 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stoney
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 39
icon Re: Help! (+3)  
I hear you. I love DROD but took a break from it for several months. Guess what, it's now one of the first games I've installed on my shiny new Surface 3. Works like a charm. Glad I could export and reimport my player file. :)

I gave up on a really tough level in Rooted Hold, and it's still quite hard, even more so now I've come back to it after so many months. But I will try to beat it. I will always be an avid supporter of Caravel. Best puzzle game in the world, hands down. :)

[Last edited by Stoney at 08-19-2016 02:01 PM]
08-19-2016 at 01:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Help! (DROD doesn't bring me the pleasure it once did!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com