Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Transferring mod points
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
LeoS
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 276
IP: Logged
icon Transferring mod points (+3)  
Hello all-
The other day I offered mod points in a post, assuming I'd somehow be able to transfer them to another user (outside of modding up actual posts, via profile page, or something) but I don't see any obvious way to do so. Is it something that only the Powers of Admin can do or am I missing something? Thanks.

If it *is* something an Admin can only do, the debt is 10 mod points to Aquator. And any humiliation tax you want to impose for my offering something I couldn't follow through on - or, as I put it in my reply to Aquator, :selftwak
05-05-2016 at 07:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Aquator
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 405
icon Re: Transferring mod points (+20)  
I really don't mind the 10 mod points at all, so please don't actually impose any "humiliation tax".
I was mainly curious myself how many ways of delightful delver demise there were in one of LeoS' entries for the recent screenshot and gif contest.

I'd much rather not get 10 intangible Internet points than for this to be a bunch of effort for anyone, especially if it would cost LeoS more than he had originally foreseen.

If I recall correctly the topic of giving a user points for something that isn't tied to a specific forum post without having to arbitrarily vote up random posts came up in the chat once before, so perhaps a site request for a functionality that allows people to do that isn't a bad idea, but I don't think asking an admin to manually reassign points is necessary. :P
05-05-2016 at 09:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: Transferring mod points (0)  
Yeah, there's not even an admin interface to take mod points from one person and give them to another. The intended method is just to mod the user's post.

05-06-2016 at 12:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
The spitemaster
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 354
icon Re: Transferring mod points (0)  
You should have asked for 20

I wish that man would stay away
05-06-2016 at 12:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Transferring mod points
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com