Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Proposed visual aids to help show that puffs freeze things
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3624
IP: Logged
icon Proposed visual aids to help show that puffs freeze things (+2)  
We've noticed over the past few months that it's easy to forget that puffs can make ice over water whenever they die (whether by getting pushed into a monster, or into another puff, or an obstacle).

Some proposed visual changes that might make this a bit more discoverable or easy to remember:

- Make fluff and puffs light blue, instead of white, suggesting an "ice color"

- Make the dying animation include some sort of snowflake or "frost" animation, to more directly imply freezing taking place on that square.

Of course, further discussion is invited and appreciated.

05-02-2016 at 12:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Rank Points: 1531
icon Re: Proposed visual aids to help show that puffs freeze things (+1)  
Out of those two, I'd think the "freezy" death animation would be much clearer. I don't feel like the color being blue would have told me "it freezes things" any more than it being white does. I mean, mud, brains, and water skippers are all red but they don't melt things.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 05-02-2016 01:02 AM]
05-02-2016 at 01:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: Proposed visual aids to help show that puffs freeze things (0)  
Xindaris wrote:
I mean, mud, brains, and water skippers are all red but they don't melt things.
Beethro.
05-21-2016 at 08:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Proposed visual aids to help show that puffs freeze things
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com