Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : RPG scorepoints are growing in number!
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
IP: Logged
icon RPG scorepoints are growing in number! (0)  
According to the "My Stats" page of the RPG leaderboard, Tendry's Tale now has 30 scorepoints, and The Forgotten Castle has 28, when they should be 15 and 19, respectively.

The numbers on the hold overview page are correct, but when looking at the hold page for Tendry's Tale's leaderboards, it shows player Zecks as having 27 scores.

EDIT: Castle Repton's is inflated too. It should show 10 (even though it has 11 but nobody's scored the missing one yet so its not showing)

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 03-22-2016 10:41 PM]
03-22-2016 at 06:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Zecks
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 14
icon Re: RPG scorepoints are growing in number! (0)  
I played thru the Steam version for the achievements recently. I figure it's being caused by that?
03-27-2016 at 05:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
kieranmillar
If it helps to debug what is going on here, I currently have 2 scores for Castle Repton, First Blue Key and am being ranked on both of them on my "My Scores" page.

The score ids are 11174 and 12000. The former is awarding me second place and the latter first place.

The former was scored on an earlier version of the non-Steam copy of the game, and the latter was scored on the current Steam version (1.2.6.295)

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 04-01-2016 10:37 PM]
04-01-2016 at 10:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Keiya
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 73
I have three! scores for defeating the Goblin King with different IDs, two for the Grey Man, and two for the Red Guard in Tendry's Tale

Official Hold Progress:
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Keiya at 04-01-2016 11:04 PM]
04-01-2016 at 11:03 PM
kieranmillar
Just to quickly check, do all those three get awarded a ranking on your My Scores page (a number will be present in the first column)? RPG will not trash any scores unless they fail validation, but the scores that are not the best should be unranked and not so not count towards scoring. In my case I'm getting two ranked scores for the same scorepoint, which shouldn't happen.
04-01-2016 at 11:07 PM
Keiya
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 73
Oh, whoops, yes. Two of the Goblin King ones are ranked, as are both red guard ones, but only one of the grey man ones is.

Official Hold Progress:
Click here to view the secret text

04-01-2016 at 11:16 PM
kieranmillar
icon Re: RPG scorepoints are growing in number! (+1)  
FYI this bug is still around. Understandably with the release of regular DROD incoming there are more important things to focus on, but well, it's still outstanding.

Also I noticed the RPG spider has died again. Possibly due to the new version released this week?
07-21-2016 at 09:00 PM
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434
Four months since the last post, and this is still happening.

Most holds have double or close to double their actual number of scorepoints. Helix Dungeon only seems to have one extra, for whatever reason.

Fetch the Pie and Washed Ashore don't seem to be recording any extras, though. I note that Fetch the Pie was only released after the Steam version went out, and Washed Ashore had an update for bugfixes not long ago.

So for non-TT holds, releasing an update without actually changing anything might fix the score counts? Wouldn't help with finding the underlying problem, though.
11-02-2016 at 07:05 PM
kieranmillar
icon Re: RPG scorepoints are growing in number! (+2)  
Thanks to Schik for mostly fixing this issue. The player ranking page now looks accurate, and each individual scorepoint seems correct now, as far as I can tell.

However the My Stats page, and the summary page for each hold e.g. http://forum.caravelgames.com/rpgscores.php?action=holdlevels&id=441 still seems to be summing up the totals including the duplicate scores.

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 01-17-2017 10:10 PM]
01-17-2017 at 10:10 PM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
Scores good?

01-20-2017 at 05:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
RabidChild
Rank Points: 720
The rankings appear to be correct now, but a lot of scores seem to have disappeared. Was this due to hold/engine changes and reverification?
01-20-2017 at 02:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: RPG scorepoints are growing in number! (+3)  
Yeah. I reverified all, so any demos that no longer work due to engine or hold changes were marked invalid.

01-20-2017 at 02:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Schik wrote:
Scores good?
It seems that the issue with the My Stats page scores adding up incorrectly is back (or probably never went away).

http://forum.caravelgames.com/rpgscores.php?action=playerinfo&id=8616

If you look at Rock Candy Mines in my unexplored section it says I have only 1 scorepoint but have 2,000 points. Similarly, Washed Ashore says I have ~12,000 points from it, but on Wasahed Ashore's summary page says I only have 7,508 points.

I think what is happening is that each time I beat my own record it is adding the new record onto my score instead of replacing the old record.

The scores in all other places seem to be correct as far as I can tell, just the My Stats page that sums up incorrectly.
02-15-2017 at 09:14 PM
kieranmillar
Can confirm that this is now fixed. Hooray!

I beat one of my existing scores and once it verified the My Stats page was still adding up correctly.
02-17-2017 at 12:02 AM
robin
Rank Points: 842
I also can confirm the fix of double points.

But going through my scores, still gives me the feeling there is something wrong.

I only played Tendry's Tale
I've got 11/15, but when I check every scorepoint,
I should have 13/15.
And for some reason when I defeat the Archivist with the bomb,
I get the "Archivist Defeated" pop up in game,
but the score isn't uploading to caravel.
Seeing the current scores of other players,
it must be allowed to kill the Archivist with the bomb and get the scorepoint.
(I guess you need an ATK of +500 to even harm him,
and there are a few players with less then 500 ATK)

02-18-2017 at 09:03 AM
kieranmillar
icon Re: RPG scorepoints are growing in number! (+1)  
You probably have the outdated version of the Tendry's Tale hold. Do any of the TT score points give you the "X% Optimal!" message?

This is only fixable by re-downloading the full version of the game and re-installing. Patches don't include a replacement for the hold.

Edit: here's another way to check, does your archivist look like the one in this picture (old version)
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=27162&page=0#405616
Or like the one in this picture:
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=27162&page=1#409077

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 02-18-2017 09:18 AM]
02-18-2017 at 09:11 AM
robin
Rank Points: 842
kieranmillar wrote:
You probably have the outdated version of the Tendry's Tale hold. Do any of the TT score points give you the "X% Optimal!" message?

This is only fixable by re-downloading the full version of the game and re-installing. Patches don't include a replacement for the hold.

Edit: here's another way to check, does your archivist look like the one in this picture (old version)
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=27162&page=0#405616
Or like the one in this picture:
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=27162&page=1#409077

Archivist looks like a normal archivist (the 2nd one), like in TSS
I redowloaded and installed the new version,
but I'll do it again and see if it fixes stuff.

02-18-2017 at 02:43 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : RPG scorepoints are growing in number!
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com