Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Smitemastery 101 unbacktrackability failure (for lack of a better term)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 488
IP: Logged
icon Smitemastery 101 unbacktrackability failure (0)  
The guard NPC in The Invasion 1W kills some real roaches that aren't NPCs, exits the room and ends. This becomes a problem since the thing that stops the player from exiting the room without clearing it only works from the middle of the entrance corridor allowing the top roaches to have no guard to kill them.

I know it's a hard bug to describe but the simplest way of fixing it is to make sure that none of the NPCs in that room execute an END command until the room is clean.

02-29-2016 at 09:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Keiya
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 73
icon Re: Smitemastery 101 unbacktrackability failure (0)  
I'm not able to go back from that place, there's a force arrow under you when you enter. CaravelNet seems to agree with me too?

Official Hold Progress:
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Keiya at 03-07-2016 09:22 PM]
03-07-2016 at 09:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Aquator
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 405
icon Re: Smitemastery 101 unbacktrackability failure (+2)  
Keiya wrote:
I'm not able to go back from that place, there's a force arrow under you when you enter. CaravelNet seems to agree with me too?
It is possible to enter the room on one of the green doors at the east side of the room. If the player were to wait on one of those doors until the scripted guard has left the room and then leave the room themself there would be no way to clear the room upon entering it again.

Of course, a tiny restore can fix this problem but since this is a tutorial-ish hold there's a good chance a potential player might not know about this, which is unfortunate.
03-08-2016 at 12:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Smitemastery 101 unbacktrackability failure (for lack of a better term)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com