Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Scripted builds over platforms/rafts fail
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3624
IP: Logged

File: Building Over Platforms.drh (985 bytes)
Downloaded 41 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Scripted builds over platforms/rafts fail (+1)  
See attached test hold.

Trying to build any floor type (floor, road, pit, water, etc.) on top of a platform or raft will silently fail. drodrpg.err gives no lines related to this. What's strange is that if you build a rectangular region, the build will succeed for all tiles starting from the upper-left corner and iterating left-to-right, top-to-bottom, until it hits the first square of pit or platform, and then *all* remaining tiles will fail to build, even "valid" squares.

I'd like to be able to overwrite or split platforms by building floor-layer stuff, like in DROD 5.0, or at least be able to build on all floor squares not covered by platform with just one build command rectangle.

02-28-2016 at 07:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Scripted builds over platforms/rafts fail (0)  
Chaco wrote:
I'd like to be able to overwrite or split platforms by building floor-layer stuff, like in DROD 5.0, or at least be able to build on all floor squares not covered by platform with just one build command rectangle.
I've fixed the current behavior to not abort the build command in progress when a platform tile is encountered.

Fixed in rev 267.

Unfortunately, allowing the platform itself to be modified or split would require an update to the saved game data format. We can plan this change for the next major version bump.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
03-08-2016 at 01:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
icon Re: Scripted builds over platforms/rafts fail (+1)  
Can confirm in 1.2.6.272 that when building a rectangle of floor-layer item and this rectangle partially includes one of the two platform types, the build will ignore building over the platforms and will also not prematurely fail. :thumbsup
03-09-2016 at 09:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Scripted builds over platforms/rafts fail
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com