Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Importing data from user holds (Just updated to 5.0.1.6061 and need my user hold data)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
IQubic
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 78
IP: Logged
icon Importing data from user holds (0)  
So I just updated DROD to 5.0.1.6061 and everything worked really well. I kept a backup of the five .dat files like the installer asked me to. I then went to the change location screen and saw that the only hold available was TSS (I'm not a CaravelNet Member).

I thought "No big deal, I'll just import the holds from my desktop." Which is exactly what I did, except I'm back to the start of every single user-made hold. Is there any way to get my previous data back, or should I play every single hold over from the start?

I think the five .dat files from the Caravel Games folder might be of use though I'm not sure how. Is there a way to restore all my progress, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

[Last edited by trick at 02-22-2016 06:21 PM]
02-21-2016 at 02:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
icon Re: Importing data from iuer holds (0)  
Whoa...sounds serious. It doesn't sound like your upgrade went really well, and I'm not sure I follow your explanation. I'd like to help if I can.

First of all, what version did you upgrade from? Also, what OS are you using? Third, I don't recall an installer asking to backup your .dat files. Where does it say that?

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 02-21-2016 02:46 AM]
02-21-2016 at 02:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
IQubic
icon Re: Importing data from user holds (0)  
Actually, Mike, I fixed the issue by replacing all the new .dat files with the old .dat files, and now everything works just fine.

If you would like to look into this issue I am using Linux and updating 5.0.0.5623 to 5.0.01.6061.The 6061 installer saw that there was a previous version install and gave me a list of steps to take to make the update go smoothly. Backing up my .dat files was the second step.

02-21-2016 at 06:43 AM
IQubic
Okay, so I went back to TSS and looked at the world map. It's screwed up. The up arrow is a 63 and the forgotten shrine has the image of the living walls.

Really it's the same exact issue other folks mentioned in the Illumination thread.

02-22-2016 at 02:40 AM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5058
IQubic wrote:
Okay, so I went back to TSS and looked at the world map. It's screwed up. The up arrow is a 63 and the forgotten shrine has the image of the living walls.

Really it's the same exact issue other folks mentioned in the Illumination thread.
Yes, sorry about that. You will need to follow the steps listed in that thread to fix that issue.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 02-22-2016 03:38 AM]
02-22-2016 at 03:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
IQubic
I will try that. Also, I just want to say that currently, the graphical glitches on the TSS map screens are the only issue I have.

P.S. I accidently placed a typo in this thread's name. Can you change the word "iuer" to "User"? That's been bugging me for a while now.

02-22-2016 at 03:45 AM
trick
Rank Points: 2580
icon Re: Importing data from user holds (+2)  
Yes, that's what the special upgrade instructions was supposed to fix :). You actually did everything correctly the first time, but the way player import in DROD works is a little unintuitive. When you import your player file, it will only import progress in the holds you have installed at the time. If you add a hold after having imported your player, it won't remember your progress in that. However, you can import your player file again, and it will merge your current progress with that of the file, restoring your progress in the newly added hold as well. (It won't create a new player.)

IQubic wrote:
P.S. I accidently placed a typo in this thread's name. Can you change the word "iuer" to "User"? That's been bugging me for a while now.
Fixed that for you :)

[Last edited by trick at 02-22-2016 06:21 PM]
02-22-2016 at 06:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
IQubic
Yeah, Trick I figured it was something like that. I have it all working now.

02-23-2016 at 03:59 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Importing data from user holds (Just updated to 5.0.1.6061 and need my user hold data)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com