Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : TSS: RCS stamps, key cards, Arky rooms
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
gregboet
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 46
IP: Logged
icon TSS: RCS stamps, key cards, Arky rooms (+3)  
I just completed The Second Sky, got to the good ending. I found the game pretty difficult, and I don't think I want to try for 100% completion of secret rooms, but I think I might like to try for all the RCS stamps, key cards, and Arky rooms.

Would it be an outrageous violation of forum etiquette to ask for the locations of all RCS stamps, key cards, and Arky rooms?

Also, does anyone have any idea why the challenges page doesn't list me as having achieved the Second Sky challenge? I'm pretty sure I was logged into CaravelNet when I did this.

http://forum.caravelgames.com/challenges.php

Greg
01-31-2016 at 01:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
icon Re: TSS: RCS stamps, key cards, Arky rooms (+2)  
The demo verification "spider" on the server is currently not running while the next engine update is in public beta. This spider also verifies challenges, so until its running again your demo will be sitting in the verification queue.

If you ever want to know if the spider is down in future, visit the high scores page and scroll down to see the number of unverified demos. It'll be a very small number or 0 if it's working.

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 01-31-2016 02:09 PM]
01-31-2016 at 02:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4590
icon Re: TSS: RCS stamps, key cards, Arky rooms (+3)  
There are already separate topics in General with this information, so it does no harm (and it's more convenient) to gather it all in one place.

RCS stamps
Five are rewards for completing optional levels:
Click here to view the secret text
The other three are found in secret rooms:

Rooted Hub keycards

Arky rooms

01-31-2016 at 03:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
gregboet
icon Re: TSS: RCS stamps, key cards, Arky rooms (0)  
Many thanks! It was annoying not even remembering where I had gotten the RCS stamps I already had. This will help a lot.
01-31-2016 at 08:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
JLE
icon Re: TSS: RCS stamps, key cards, Arky rooms (0)  
Also, is it possible to go *back* and get one that you missed earlier?

I have not succeeded in finding any of the quoted levels above:

On Dawdling River
Harder Way
Hardest Way
Braxian Below
Frozen Wood

Two of the Arky rooms are listed in levels I haven't yet reached (Ore Refinery, Explosives Storage - the former is on the "help" drop-down, the latter isn't). I have five of the others but am not sure where I missed the sixth...

At what point in the game do any of the above become accessible, and have I missed something or what?

[Last edited by JLE at 10-18-2016 02:21 PM]
10-18-2016 at 01:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4590
icon Re: TSS: RCS stamps, key cards, Arky rooms (+1)  
Hardest Way requires completing Harder Way. The others should all become accessible once you have access to the RCS (iirc, after Rapid Fortifications). They should all appear as nodes on the map.

None of the collectables are in the permanently missable levels (Upside-down Mine Entrance through Experiment of Ages).

10-18-2016 at 03:39 PM
Insoluble
Rank Points: 1638
icon Re: TSS: RCS stamps, key cards, Arky rooms (+1)  
JLE wrote:
Also, is it possible to go *back* and get one that you missed earlier?

Yes. Based on your recent post about "The Living Walls" it sounds as though you're getting close to the point in the game where a lot of stuff opens up. Pretty soon you will be able to go back and visit most older levels. Every form of collectable in the game is in a level that you'll be able to get back to at that point without having to resort to restoring an old save.

10-18-2016 at 03:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : TSS: RCS stamps, key cards, Arky rooms
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com