Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Xindaris' First Hold : Temporal Symmetry : 3 North, 1 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2386
IP: Logged
icon Xindaris' First Hold : Temporal Symmetry : 3 North, 1 East (0)  
What strategy should I be going for here?

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
01-26-2016 at 07:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insoluble
Rank Points: 1638
icon Re: Xindaris' First Hold : Temporal Symmetry : 3 North, 1 East (+1)  
disoriented wrote:
What strategy should I be going for here?

The room neatly divides into the western bit (everything before you hit the plates at either (19,2) or (19,29)) and the eastern bit. Your first goal will be getting to one of those two pressure plates. With a bit of experimentation and thought, you should be able to figure out a path that will accomplish this while still making it possible to drop all the trapdoors. One thing you should be doing in the first half of the room to make life easier:
Click here to view the secret text

Once you've hit one of those two pressure plates the big difficulty of this room comes up: too many aumtlich. Specifically you'll have two aumtlich to the East of making it so that you have beams coming from multiple directions. How to get out of that trap?

[Last edited by Insoluble at 01-26-2016 07:57 PM]
01-26-2016 at 11:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2386
icon Re: Xindaris' First Hold : Temporal Symmetry : 3 North, 1 East (0)  
Thanks for the explanation. It's an awful room, and I keep getting stuck no matter which route is tried. I'd like to request some more spoilerish info on how you did it, if possible :blush

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.

[Last edited by disoriented at 01-26-2016 06:58 PM]
01-26-2016 at 06:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insoluble
Rank Points: 1638
icon Re: Xindaris' First Hold : Temporal Symmetry : 3 North, 1 East (+1)  
Here's a more detailed step by step for one possible way to do the room. It's maybe a bit wordy and hard to follow, so let me know if you need a demo instead. It's also probably not the optimal solution, and I'm sure I missed some obvious better way of doing things. Assume all trap doors that can be dropped along a path are indeed dropped unless otherwise specified.

[Last edited by Insoluble at 01-27-2016 06:33 AM]
01-27-2016 at 06:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Xindaris' First Hold : Temporal Symmetry : 3 North, 1 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com