Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Obviously buggy highscores on the Washed Ashore leaderboard
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2671
IP: Logged
icon Obviously buggy highscores on the Washed Ashore leaderboard (+2)  
So a little over 5 years ago it looks like Dischorran posted in the Washed Ashore holds topic saying that some of the submitted scores look dodgy. I've taken a look at them and I agree:

1) Every score on the Traditionalist highscore board is bugged. The way it is supposed to work is to give you a score equal to 3000 minus the number of moves you spent before going to the second level. Unfortunately the game seemed to just give everyone a score of 3000. I'm not sure why, it could have been a problem with reading the _TotalMoves variable on turn 0 or something, but I see no issue with the scripting. Anyway I loaded an old save and walked into the scorepoint and it seems it has submitted a valid score in 1.2.3.133, and I see it awaiting verification on my scores list with the correct score, so I assume that somewhere along the line this issue got fixed.

Of course, nobody going forward will be able to match or beat the impossibly high scores that are currently on that board, so I'd like to request that once the next stable version is released of the engine and this hold, that this board get wiped so that people can repopulate it with valid scores.

2) Trickster's score on the Luddite highscore board appears to be the bugged score for Traditionalist, except for some reason it got sent to the wrong board. This obviously bugged score is impossible to beat, so again I'd like to request it be removed.

3) Trickster's score on the Enthalpy highscore board is equal to the amount of greckles, therefore it looks to me like an old score of his that was supposed to be submitted to the Charity highscore board, but something went wrong and it was submitted to the wrong board. As this is another obviously incorrect and impossible to beat score, and given that he has since submitted a valid and higher score to the Charity board, I would again request removing this score.

------

Normally I wouldn't be so quick to ask for scores to be removed, as sometimes really high scores can actually be valid. (an example of this would be the top score in Tendry's Tale's Escaped the Beneath scorepoint, where the top score looks suspect at first glance but I believe it to be totally legit.) In the case of the scores listed above though, they seem to me to be very obviously bugged.

As far as I'm aware, every other highscore on the Washed Ashore board looks legit. Once the next stable engine and fixed hold are released I'll have to see if the buggy Mimic Sword behaviour has resulted in some unbeatable scores, but I believe that most of them were submitted soon after the hold's release, and therefore at the moment I feel somewhat confident that they'll be OK.

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 01-19-2016 10:50 PM]
01-19-2016 at 10:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
icon Re: Obviously buggy highscores on the Washed Ashore leaderboard (+1)  
How about this: When the new engine is finalized, I'll just re-run the spider on all demos, hopefully fixing any wrong ones and deleting any invalid ones. Then we'll revisit this and see if anything still seems broken, and if so, fix the spider.

01-20-2016 at 12:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2435
icon Re: Obviously buggy highscores on the Washed Ashore leaderboard (+1)  
So for whatever random reason, I glanced at this thread today and then I clicked through the links to the scoreboards.

Good news: the bugged scores are all gone, so this thread can be marked resolved.
11-02-2016 at 06:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Obviously buggy highscores on the Washed Ashore leaderboard
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com