Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Leave of Absense
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
IP: Logged
icon Leave of Absense (+1)  
I'll be getting a new computer.

Problem is, it involves leaving my old computer behind and gifting it to one of my mother's businesses. (I love it how my parents have matched their growth in income so that they look rich no matter how old I am.)

Essentially, what this means is that from around now to sometime next week, when my new computer becomes available and everything's all installed, DROD.net won't be updated except by me prodding Schik.

I'll probably still be able to access the forum, and the Legendary Smitemasters have been updated. (There you are, wackhead). I just figured you guys may want to know, even though there probably won't be much difference unless we get closed down again.

Knock on wood.

Matt

10-26-2004 at 11:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
icon Re: Leave of Absense (0)  
Michael Boulton. :rolleyes
10-27-2004 at 05:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
Mattcrampy wrote:
Essentially, what this means is that from around now to sometime next week, when my new computer becomes available and everything's all installed, DROD.net won't be updated except by me prodding Schik.
If it'll help, I have a stick in the basement...

10-27-2004 at 10:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
Wackhead,

are you really sure your name is not really called Micheal Boulton? :lol

-- Tim (who is still not sure what name he will use for the hall yet, but hopes that it will be spelled correctly.)

10-27-2004 at 10:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5413
DiMono wrote:
If it'll help, I have a stick in the basement...
Matt, what have I told you about letting the riffraff into the basement?

*sigh*

10-28-2004 at 04:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
If you'd come visit just once...

Anyways, would you be so good as to just fix that little spelling mistake, Schik? I mean, I would, buuuuuttt...

Well, here's the scene. For the first time in about 2 years my old computer has enough space to do a disk defragment. But of course, it's now gone into retirement as an office computer that'll be used maybe twice a year, max. I'm typing this on a six year old computer that apparantly can't recognise an internal modem unless it has little dip switches on it to tell the computer where to find it. Whatever you may blame Microsoft for, Plug and Play really comes in handy.

And everything that I decided I probably should keep (goodbye half my savegames! Goodbye Warcraft III! So long, Firefox 0.9!) is all on CDs.

Let me tell you all (well, okay, just those who gather lots of useless junk on their computers), there's nothing so invigorating as burning everything you really need to keep onto CDs, then deleting everything else and doing a disk format. Gotta love it.

Matt

10-28-2004 at 10:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Leave of Absense
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com