Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Moving seep and waterskipper monsters/NPCs can walk across floor
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
IP: Logged
icon Moving seep and waterskipper monsters/NPCs can walk across floor (+1)  
Discovered this while testing the flying monsters moving over doors fix. Was testing in 1.2.3.98.

Making a custom monster themed around seep and waterskippers and making them move allows them to walk through walls and water, respectively, as expected. However, they can also freely move across regular floor.

Is this something we want to fix for consistency with regular DROD? I'm not aware of any existing moving monsters of these types in any published holds.

Note that the player role seep and waterskippers cannot move across floor, so the current behaviour is inconsistent.

Also note that there are non-moving custom monsters themed around seep and waterskippers that are currently placed on regular floor in published holds, so we don't want to instantly kill any seep that starts the room on floor, in case that is something that would come up.

One final note, the regular seep monster will die if a door he is on is opened, but custom monsters themed around seep won't. Should we make this a behaviour of any monster that is based on the seep archetype?

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 01-09-2016 05:26 PM]
01-09-2016 at 05:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
azb
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 460
IP: Logged
icon Re: Moving seep and waterskipper monsters/NPCs can walk across floor (+1)  
Believe it or not, all the way back in late 2008 or 2009, this was previously reported for RPG. This was also noted to happen in classic DROD since TCB as well. It is very strange, but I think it is such an old issue, it will probably be left as-is.

01-10-2016 at 01:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Moving seep and waterskipper monsters/NPCs can walk across floor
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com