Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : 1.2.3.70 - some high scores being rejected ((was not submitting highscores for The 'Neatherhood user hold))
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
IP: Logged
icon Re: 1.2.3.70 - some high scores being rejected (+1)  
Thanks! Just brushing the cobwebs out of my memory and double-checking I'm not misunderstanding something.

I think I found the issue: combat initiated on the final move wasn't being considered and evaluated. (The issue was not that the score point event was being skipped over somehow; the method simply hadn't advanced game state far enough.)

PR

Matt, how would you prefer to assess this change?

If you want to confirm this and only this change has an impact on saved games that aren't validating, you could cherry pick the one commit.

We can make this change live at any time.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 10-23-2020 04:33 PM]
10-23-2020 at 04:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: 1.2.3.70 - some high scores being rejected (+3)  
The walkthrough here for that troublesome score point in The Neatherhood successfully verified.

Mike, the spider that was previously running was from the very old, now defunct, hg repository. I didn't feel like trying to manually apply just that one patch, so the spider is now running from the current git repo master branch. This should be fine, right, since the next slated patch should not break things?

10-23-2020 at 06:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: 1.2.3.70 - some high scores being rejected (0)  
Excellent!

Yes, this should be fine. The complete list of changes going into RPG 1.2.8 are listed on the bug topic here.

There are a few nuanced gameplay and scripting bug fixes, which could theoretically break play sequences, but I doubt they will, and we do want to fix these issues in any event, so it's fine to have verification synced to master.

Thank you!

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
10-23-2020 at 10:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : 1.2.3.70 - some high scores being rejected ((was not submitting highscores for The 'Neatherhood user hold))
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com