Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : DROD: TSS Not Running (I can't get TSS to start)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
IQubic
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 78
IP: Logged
icon DROD: TSS Not Running (0)  
So, after a few days of not playing TSS I tried to start it up and found that it does not work.

I am running a Linux machine (Ubuntu 14.0.4). I click on the .desktop executable file that has worked in the past, and it opens up a window that is completely black, save for a single door. This is the usual screen for me to see. From there it goes to making the entire screen black for a few seconds, then returns me to the desktop with thew having been shut down.

I just went to the properties of the .desktop file (by right clicking the file) and running the command from the terminal and I got the following result:
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

EDIT: I just tried redownloading the files from the Forum and I get the exact same results.

[Last edited by IQubic at 12-23-2015 01:31 AM]
12-23-2015 at 12:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
icon Re: DROD: TSS Not Running (+5)  
Quick suggestion - try disabling your internet connection and see if that helps. Might be a coincidence, but I see it is exactly a month since your first post on the forum - precisely 1 month after I first installed TSS, the same thing happened, and it was due to the free 1-month subscription to CaravelNet expiring.

This was fixed ages ago http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=38432&page=0), though maybe there's still something to it in the Linux version.

If that does let you in, deleting the Caravelnet settings should then allow you in with internet going as well.
12-23-2015 at 02:52 AM
IQubic
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 78
icon Re: DROD: TSS Not Running (+1)  
That was my problem exactly. I disabled my Internet connection, was able to log into the game. Told it not to connect to CN, and now it works. YEAH!!!

12-23-2015 at 02:55 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : DROD: TSS Not Running (I can't get TSS to start)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com