Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Persistence: Hold Testing Thread (A hold of going through rooms at least twice.)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1531
IP: Logged
icon Re: Persistence: Hold Testing Thread (0)  
Well, I still have no idea what magical connections made it readily solvable before, but after fiddling with some very drastic changes involving togglable force arrows I discovered that the original connections work fine with the addition of just two well-placed force arrows. So I did that.

A version replacing the entire eastern door of the penultimate section with disabled force arrows that are toggled by the very same connections, along with disabled arrows in the places they're now in that are toggled by the eastern plate, worked great but I didn't like it because this room is otherwise very "TCB-ish" and disabled force arrows don't match that.

New Version:
-Leak fix in 2F 1S2W: That one tar gate is now a wall instead.
-Added aforementioned two arrows to 1F 1W. Also moved the orb one tile east.
-Added the Basement, a post-completion bonus area exhibiting scrapped versions of some rooms. Similar to the Scrap Heap in XFH, but with some scripting that makes the rooms insta-conquerable as well as some machinery that lets the player view the rooms in any state they like.

-Can't remember if I made any other changes since the previous version?

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 03-30-2016 08:25 PM]
03-30-2016 at 08:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Just noting a minor update after I did a run-through myself. Changes are a fix of a minor potential leak in 1F 2W and 2F 2S2E (it might not have even been possible to exploit said leaks but I decided to do it anyway), the addition of the "keep 5 golems around" challenge to 2F 2S, and more checkpoints, more, in various rooms.

[Last edited by Xindaris at 04-03-2016 03:11 PM]
04-03-2016 at 03:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
icon Re: Persistence: Hold Testing Thread (+1)  
8th update: A couple of obscure tweaks to fix potential but unlikely backtracking issues involving bridge dropping and tarstuff presence.

I really feel like it's about time to put this up for promotion. Does anybody (if anybody's still paying attention to this thread) object?

04-23-2016 at 12:42 AM
Insoluble
Rank Points: 1638
Xindaris wrote:
I really feel like it's about time to put this up for promotion. Does anybody (if anybody's still paying attention to this thread) object?

I'm still paying attention :)
I haven't played through from the beginning after the last few changes, but I did take a quick look at the basement. Adding the automatic clear option is a nice touch, just make sure to mark these rooms as un-high score-able once the hold gets published. But yeah, I'd say this is probably ready for HA submission.

04-23-2016 at 03:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
icon Re: Persistence: Hold Testing Thread (+4)  
All right then. I'm gonna need to post this in that case...

Note for HA's (kinda long):

[Last edited by Xindaris at 04-24-2016 10:42 PM]
04-23-2016 at 03:46 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Persistence: Hold Testing Thread (A hold of going through rooms at least twice.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com