Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Download page has an outdated patch for DROD RPG
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
IP: Logged
icon Download page has an outdated patch for DROD RPG (0)  
I may be the only person actually effected by this, but I wanted to note it anyway in case.
The download page ( http://forum.caravelgames.com/downloads.php ) has a bunch of free patches to the most recent versions of games so that people with older versions can upgrade. In the case of RPG, the patch updates to version 1.1.0.54 which is not the most recent build. Anyone wanting to play in the most recent build or download current holds in architecture will not be able to do so using this patch. Would it be possible to update this please?

11-15-2015 at 01:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2670
icon Re: Download page has an outdated patch for DROD RPG (+1)  
The latest version is available via a full install rather than as patch. You'll need to grab the full version of the game on the downloads page. If you bought RPG via another vendor instead of directly from Caravel then this might not be available for you to download from that page, in which case.. Uh....

The sticky thread in the RPG bugs forum raised this issue over a year ago, unfortunately. :(
11-15-2015 at 08:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
azb
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 460
icon Re: Download page has an outdated patch for DROD RPG (+1)  
I was the one who originally pointed it out, but I didn't get much of a reply. I don't know why you have to download the full version... is this an intentional sales gimmick, or an oversight/forgetfulness?

Why I ask is because for JtRH, TCB, and the like, you did not need to buy the full version just to fix a few bugs, and be able to play newer holds.

11-21-2015 at 10:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Download page has an outdated patch for DROD RPG (-1)  
azb wrote:
I was the one who originally pointed it out, but I didn't get much of a reply. I don't know why you have to download the full version... is this an intentional sales gimmick, or an oversight/forgetfulness?
It's my private opinion: DROD RPG is not the most popular DROD game out there and the reason is it takes a significant amount of time to build the project, check if it works and post the update and the demand is closer to zero than to any other natural number.

11-21-2015 at 11:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
azb
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 460
icon Re: Download page has an outdated patch for DROD RPG (+2)  
Okay, thanks for letting me know. However, an updated demo would be appreciated... though the demand is not common, I will give you that, it is certainly not zero. I know I'm probably the only one at this point, but there is a demand/request. If it really does take that long, though... I'll be patient.

My personal stance is that later is better than absolutely never. Whenever you have the time, please update a patch on the downloads page.

One last thing: though I will admit, I am a demo user for RPG, there are people who bought the game legitimately outside of the Caravel site... who will have to re-pay if no patch is sent to the downloads page. Hopefully, this won't be an issue with the exciting new release of TSS 5.1.

As I reported on the 1.2.0.57 topic on the RPG Bugs board, the download for the Windows demo (I have Vista) downloads... 1.1.0.54.

[Last edited by azb at 11-21-2015 07:33 PM]
11-21-2015 at 06:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Download page has an outdated patch for DROD RPG (+6)  
I do want to update the patch and demo, and I'll work on this asap.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-21-2015 at 09:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insoluble
Rank Points: 1638
icon Re: Download page has an outdated patch for DROD RPG (0)  
mrimer wrote:
I do want to update the patch and demo, and I'll work on this asap.
Thank you! It is very much appreciated even if it does take a bit of time. As azb said, better late then never.

azb wrote:
Okay, thanks for letting me know. However, an updated demo would be appreciated... though the demand is not common, I will give you that, it is certainly not zero. I know I'm probably the only one at this point, but there is a demand/request. If it really does take that long, though... I'll be patient.
You absolutely aren't the only one! I started the topic because I bought RPG years ago before I had Carvel Net and am only now getting back into it (thanks to hyperme and Nuntar!)

11-22-2015 at 01:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Download page has an outdated patch for DROD RPG (+3)  
At long last, I've provided a DROD RPG 1.2.1.59 patch for Windows to the free Downloads page. :thumbsup

I fixed the issue where you have to run in Administrator mode on newer OSes.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 12-15-2015 04:34 PM]
12-15-2015 at 02:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Download page has an outdated patch for DROD RPG
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com