Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest: I patched up the ice with ice bolt, how to get fish now?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
SsjCosty
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Heroine's Quest: I patched up the ice with ice bolt, how to get fish now? (0)  
Hi,

Early on in the game, after I got the ice bolt spell, I tried it on the hole in the ice on Ganvik lake, which covered it with ice. At the moment, I am close to the end of Chapter 3, and I have to get a fish for the cat, but since there's no hole in the lake anymore, I can't cast my net. Is there any other way I could get a fish? My character is a sorceress.

Thanks.
11-05-2015 at 02:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
icon Re: Heroine's Quest: I patched up the ice with ice bolt, how to get fish now? (0)  
Early on in the game, after I got the ice bolt spell, I tried it on the hole in the ice on Ganvik lake, which covered it with ice. At the moment, I am close to the end of Chapter 3, and I have to get a fish for the cat, but since there's no hole in the lake anymore, I can't cast my net. Is there any other way I could get a fish? My character is a sorceress.

Well, that's something I never thought to test for!

But I don't think you need to catch the cat using a fish - should be able to use magic to get him :)

(Hmm, I wonder if using lightning bolt can bring back the hole. Goes to show all the little things Radiant implemented which don't always get picked up :smile)
11-05-2015 at 11:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
SsjCosty
icon Re: Heroine's Quest: I patched up the ice with ice bolt, how to get fish now? (0)  
But I don't think you need to catch the cat using a fish - should be able to use magic to get him :)
I tried all my spells - nothing worked :(
The cat doesn't want to get down for anything "intangible".

Hmm, I wonder if using lightning bolt can bring back the hole
Nope.
11-06-2015 at 06:49 AM
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
Make him climb up the tree, then cast a spell to make him think you've gone away.
11-06-2015 at 07:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
SsjCosty
Many thanks, it worked! I initially tried that spell when I was far from the tree, which is why it didn't work.
:thumbsup
11-06-2015 at 01:04 PM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
SsjCosty wrote:

Flame Aura should make a hole in the ice :P

11-06-2015 at 05:19 PM
Zachski
Radiant wrote:
SsjCosty wrote:

:lol

Actually, to be honest, I never knew you could patch up the ice in the first place! I never thought to try the ice bolt on it.
11-30-2015 at 09:06 PM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
Adding details like that is half the fun of creating a game like this :)

12-03-2015 at 11:20 AM
ConjurerDragon
Rank Points: 13
Radiant wrote:
SsjCosty wrote:

Which is devious. I found that out now for the 3rd time. The first two times the freezing symbol appeared while crossing the frozen lake and - just as always when wandering the forest and freezing - I automatically did cast Flame Aura without even thinking on what I’m standing :blush

And the 3rd time I was not even standing on the ice, but in the picture with the beached Drekar left of it next to the tree on the snow, thinking that under the snow is firm ground... :wizard
10-08-2017 at 10:45 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest: I patched up the ice with ice bolt, how to get fish now?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com